consider a harlequin 7.1 rip

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, April 18, 2011, 10:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattbeals

There are a lot of plug-ins that you can purchase for the RIP. If  you get an upgrade you can even use multiple CPU's. It's a fabulous RIP that allows you to piece together your workflow. If you need something less "barebones" you can look to someone like Xitron or Compose who wrap many other features/functions around the RIP.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

frailer

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on May 30, 2011, 03:42:01 PM..... this CTP thing is kinda amazing once you get through all the pain.

Isn't it what!   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

pspdfppdfxhd

We've got over 150 plates through the SCREEN/Harlequin setup with only one glitch.

It was a 2 color job, pantone and black, the rip dropped a box out and the job got printed missing a box. The artist had used transparency (like 70 percent transparent) instead of tinting the box.

Back with the old apogee rip we had to flatten everything before ripping. So this is what I've been doing with the Harlequin. Strange thing is that when I save pdf's with the highest verision (1.7) it rips fine. (so far). I think the safest bet is to export the pdf's with transparency..that's what the harlequin people say too.

It seems to be pretty advanced with the way it handles transparency (version 8) so we'll carry on this way and check every job, especially the spot color ones.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: mattbeals on May 30, 2011, 04:32:10 PMThere are a lot of plug-ins that you can purchase for the RIP. If  you get an upgrade you can even use multiple CPU's. It's a fabulous RIP that allows you to piece together your workflow. If you need something less "barebones" you can look to someone like Xitron or Compose who wrap many other features/functions around the RIP.

High praise from an expert for sure!