News:

Main Menu

Reorganizing the PDF file

Started by metlife, September 05, 2019, 01:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: david on September 06, 2019, 12:33:54 PM
Quote from: Joe on September 06, 2019, 12:18:35 PM

...so all prepress should have to do is hit the print button.

that's all I ever do...
press a button...

damn, now my button is broke...

time to go home

:drunk3:

Press any key to cancel...press any other key to continue.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

metlife

You know how it is. Our client, our Lord. In my company, the client is superior and can do everything, and we must do everything not to lose the client. So it also comes out that as part of the duty we have to rummage in the excrement. Unfortunately, my country doesn't care about employees.
And by the way. ABC might be a nice feature to work on and add in the upcoming version   ;)

Joe

To add something like this in any software there has to be some kind of constant somewhere to build something with. In the case of your files I'm not seeing anything constant so I am not sure that is even possible.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

abc

Have to agree with Joe here. If it was consistent we could set up rules today to copy and paste objects based on regions, and pasting into positions and pages. But as it's so random it's a completely manual job at the moment.

If they supplied one graphic per page or something like that it would be a start!

metlife

Quote from: abc on September 09, 2019, 02:35:52 PM
Have to agree with Joe here. If it was consistent we could set up rules today to copy and paste objects based on regions, and pasting into positions and pages. But as it's so random it's a completely manual job at the moment.

If they supplied one graphic per page or something like that it would be a start!

ABC, could You implement such a function in future if it were constant object positions? I must admit that it could be useful in organizing objects in a PDF file. I would have a question about another topic. Is it possible to implement in Pitstop the option to generate a composite PDF file from a separated PDF file?