News:

Main Menu

bullets

Started by Tracy, April 29, 2008, 02:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Im having a font problem with some bullets, when I try to outline them they disappear?

born2print

That's a weird one, why R U outlining? Probs with the font? May also be the cause of the inability to outline...
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Change the font of the bullet to something similar. Or just draw them, it's just a circle.
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

its sabon, the customer used the bullets and numbering without using a proper font
this was causing the major font problem i was having for the entire document
i found under paragraph in the bullet section you can outline the bullet!
This is a project from a high school. Im sure its students.

Tracy

im sorry it was convert bullets to text and then i could outline them

Tracy

and it didnt work with the square ones not sure what they did i will have to draw them like dcs said.

Tracy

it was also doing this to the underlined sentences but I was able to rip those pages without outlining

gnubler

If you draw them as shapes, you can paste them into the text flow - easier to edit in case you have to adjust leading or something later on
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Tracy

thanks, its being a crazy file!

Gutnbg

Oh, I definitely agree with gnubler. Draw one, copy & paste many.
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

Tracy

LoganBlade

[/quote]
Jesus H. I'll send you Sabon. Check your email.
[/quote]

What does the H stand for I am catholic and I still don't know if it was his middle name. Is it Harold?

"dyslexics have more fnu"

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Pointyhat on April 29, 2008, 06:59:57 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 29, 2008, 02:35:15 PMChange the font of the bullet to something similar. Or just draw them, it's just a circle.
WTF? in live text?

Jesus H. I'll send you Sabon. Check your email.

Live text? Maybe, but without the font working properly, it now becomes a troubleshooting issue. I told Tracy what a Prepress person would do, in lieu of having the font. Designers like to hang on to everything till the last possible minute, that way they don't have to mess with it when they go on vacation, and since the job is already behind schedule, YOU the PREPRESS person has to fix it - with or without a functioning font, because the designer decided not to include the font because he/she was too worried about packing their bags. Replacing the font, or just drawing the glyphs is about your only "quick" option when a suit is breathing down your neck and you have to make up the time lost.

Of course having a functioning font, or even provided a font is always preferable, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

...and Pointy, now Traci has the Sabon font twice, I sent it to her 3 hours before you did.
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

it definitly was the bullets causing the problem, somehow it was not recognizing it as a font and it was. problem solved!! sheesh