Recent

Author Topic: New press  (Read 6653 times)

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
New press
« on: May 04, 2018, 01:29:09 PM »
Check out this bad boy. 12 colors. Two cold foil units. 3 coaters. perfector. Goes live in another month.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
Re: New press
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 04:26:20 PM »
Holy cow man!

:insert YOOOOGE meme here:
Hopefully I won't be there, I should be in recovery from  knee replacement surgery.

Offline David

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »
nice...

Williamson used to have a 10 color perfecting Heidelberg- had a total of 16 units with 4 coatings and foil. Massive sheetfed with roll to sheet.
You can make some really nice expensive jobs on them babies.

Good luck!!
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time
www.texasgraphics.com

Offline Marktonk

• Hell Chromaskop
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 10:06:23 PM »
I would have to say you have great taste!!! I am a bit biased but that is one hell of a press.

Best,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Head Ninja In Corporate America (Tha HNICA)
  • Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 09:18:50 AM »
All I hear is the sound of money...   That thing is a beast. You are going to put out some really nice pieces on that.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 01:54:47 PM »
wowieeee! shoo wee, you guys hiring? :laugh:

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 04:58:43 PM »
Quote from: Marktonk link=msg=300284 date=1525485983

I would have to say you have great taste!!! I am a bit biased but that is one hell of a press.

Best,

Mark

Mark this comes with a scanning system that scans the sheet and compares to a file from prepress.

They sent me a 12 page document talking reference and inspection level files. I think I get what they are wanting me to send them but I'm not entirely sure.

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »
Quote from: G_Town link=msg=300302 date=1525726723

Mark this comes with a scanning system that scans the sheet and compares to a file from prepress.

Awesome checkpoint - however - wouldn't it be better if the RIP would do this prior to plating and making it out to press?
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Offline andyfest

• Know your role and shut your hole...
  • Ninja Member
  • 100% Canucklehead
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
We are supposed to be getting a new 40 inch Heidy as well. It also has onboard colour management and scanning. However, it will require us to move the colour bars from the traditional tail end of the sheet to the front edge of the sheet. 80% of our printing is repeat jobs, so it looks like it will mean rebuilding every layout template for every job that is to be printed. PITA, but it does take any colour guesswork away from the press crews and should solve about 90% of our rejectable issues for colour or colour variation.
Fairly recent Adobe Creative Cloud, Versa RIPs, Flexi Cut RIP, couple of Roland wide format printers, Seal 60+ laminator + another old laminator that I hate, vinyl cutter and knives....lots of knives

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »
We only buy recycled presses here. :cheesy:
Mac OS 11.5.2 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1.125 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 09:46:49 AM »
Quote from: andyfest link=msg=300307 date=1525784438

We are supposed to be getting a new 40 inch Heidy as well. It also has onboard colour management and scanning. However, it will require us to move the colour bars from the traditional tail end of the sheet to the front edge of the sheet. 80% of our printing is repeat jobs, so it looks like it will mean rebuilding every layout template for every job that is to be printed. PITA, but it does take any colour guesswork away from the press crews and should solve about 90% of our rejectable issues for colour or colour variation.

Ok, from a color standpoint I see how the scanning would be extremely helpful on-press. Now my color-blind buddy (yes, really actually color blind) can go back to running a press. :rotf:

My mind originally went to scanning for missing elements or reflowed fonts, or wonky transparency issues, etc..   :cane:

Offline andyfest

• Know your role and shut your hole...
  • Ninja Member
  • 100% Canucklehead
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 10:49:49 AM »
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 link=msg=300313 date=1525787209

Quote from: andyfest link=msg=300307 date=1525784438

Ok, from a color standpoint I see how the scanning would be extremely helpful on-press. Now my color-blind buddy (yes, really actually color blind) can go back to running a press. :rotf:

My mind originally went to scanning for missing elements or reflowed fonts, or wonky transparency issues, etc..   :cane:
For that we have a Global Proofing system that was implemented about 2 years ago. We send QC a pdf of the client-supplied file + a pdf of our trapped input file and they are compared to both the imposed Epson proof and the printed sheet. The scanner/computer in the proofing system will check for any differences. It's helpful for missing text/elements, but also can detect blanket smashes and hickeys on the printed sheet from the press. That way the run can be stopped before it really gets going.
Fairly recent Adobe Creative Cloud, Versa RIPs, Flexi Cut RIP, couple of Roland wide format printers, Seal 60+ laminator + another old laminator that I hate, vinyl cutter and knives....lots of knives

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
Quote from: andyfest link=msg=300317 date=1525790989

For that we have a Global Proofing system that was implemented about 2 years ago. We send QC a pdf of the client-supplied file + a pdf of our trapped input file and they are compared to both the imposed Epson proof and the printed sheet. The scanner/computer in the proofing system will check for any differences. It's helpful for missing text/elements, but also can detect blanket smashes and hickeys on the printed sheet from the press. That way the run can be stopped before it really gets going.

Nice. I guess it's been long enough out of production facilities for me to have fallen behind on technologies like this...  I'm glad to see they're being implemented. The waste was one of my biggest issues when I first got into printing. I always hated how much just went in the trash when a run went south..

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 11:21:31 AM »
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 link=msg=300303 date=1525727658

Quote from: G_Town link=msg=300302 date=1525726723

Awesome checkpoint - however - wouldn't it be better if the RIP would do this prior to plating and making it out to press?

This is more for press defects like smashed blankets, hickeys etc....plates going to press are perfect  ;D

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 11:35:00 AM »
Quote from: G_Town link=msg=300320 date=1525792891

Plates going to press are perfect  ;D

You like tempting fate, huh?  :popcorn: