ColorPath Organizer and other questions

Started by AaronH, June 23, 2023, 02:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

That should be fun. Perfecting is kind of a bitch.
You doing spot UV, or just overall?
Member #285 - Civilian

Slappy

Quote from: AaronH on June 29, 2023, 03:37:59 PMOh that's really cool Tracy! Does the Face Only option scale as opposed to shift to spine?
It does, although as she mentioned above, even though I was pretty skeptical when I heard about that scaling I've never seen it be noticeable.

QuoteWe're getting a 10 color, UV, perfecting 40" Komori in a month or so and we anticipate work scaling up.
Ooooohhhhh, sexy! I haven't heard of a press install that size (at least locally) in years. Business must be good!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

AaronH

Quote from: Slappy on June 29, 2023, 04:58:45 PM
QuoteWe're getting a 10 color, UV, perfecting 40" Komori in a month or so and we anticipate work scaling up.
Ooooohhhhh, sexy! I haven't heard of a press install that size (at least locally) in years. Business must be good!
Yeah business is going really well here. We're pretty excited for the potential capabilities this will have. The new press is huge, about 96 feet long so we're converting part of our warehouse to be a second press room, moving our paper storage into another portion of our building, adding more restrooms and so on. It's a big thing going on here.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Tracy

Yes it does not shift, it scales, and when I said to select all pages in reading order
you can select just the pages you want if that is what you needed. I have never done that, but know that it works.

Holy Cow! 10 Color Perfector!!!!
with UV!!

Welcome to B4 Print Dinosaur!!  :)
Yeah It's good to talk with people actually doing the work!!

Dinosaur

Thank You for welcoming me Tracy & the Forum Community for the all the info...

40" Perfector is a Giant Leap in the Print Industry....Please keep us posted on the Installation Progress Aaron.....

Powerful Press....Capable of Gobbling up Truck Loads of Stock Daily.....A Plant Management Challenge & Opportunity......High Square Footage Requirements for Stock Inventory & Bindery......Powerful Sales, Bindery & Shipping Required to Match....Some plants with 40" Perfector Presses have two in house Platesetters for Insurance..... or back up plan.....Very Exciting & Demanding Management Responsibility....All the Best!

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on June 30, 2023, 07:22:03 AMYes it does not shift, it scales, and when I said to select all pages in reading order
you can select just the pages you want if that is what you needed. I have never done that, but know that it works.
Before I retired we changed all of our shingling to use scale instead of move. It is un-noticeable that it is scaled and we didn't have to use different shingling for spreads or normal pages.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

AaronH

Quote from: Dinosaur on June 30, 2023, 08:25:07 AMThank You for welcoming me Tracy & the Forum Community for the all the info...

40" Perfector is a Giant Leap in the Print Industry....Please keep us posted on the Installation Progress Aaron.....

Powerful Press....Capable of Gobbling up Truck Loads of Stock Daily.....A Plant Management Challenge & Opportunity......High Square Footage Requirements for Stock Inventory & Bindery......Powerful Sales, Bindery & Shipping Required to Match....Some plants with 40" Perfector Presses have two in house Platesetters for Insurance..... or back up plan.....Very Exciting & Demanding Management Responsibility....All the Best!
Thanks Dinosaur! We're pretty excited. Our 640 hasn't had it's perfector working in over a decade so we're pretty excited about it. We're keeping it as a backup press. Nice thing is to 1040 and the 640 use the exact same plates (Thank you Komori) so if we have to move presses for whatever reason we can.

We've only got one Javelin plate setter, but there's another shop here in town that can make plates for us if ours goes down. We finally made the change to processless plates this spring so we're thankfully not having another machine to maintain in prepress anymore.

And also, welcome to the forum!

AaronH

Quote from: Tracy on June 30, 2023, 07:22:03 AMYes it does not shift, it scales, and when I said to select all pages in reading order

Holy Cow! 10 Color Perfector!!!!
with UV!!

Welcome to B4 Print Dinosaur!!  :)
Yeah It's good to talk with people actually doing the work!!
Right? its a big press! We're super excited for it. Thanks for your help with creep!

johnny_jay

Quote from: AaronH on June 29, 2023, 03:37:59 PMWe're getting a 10 color, UV, perfecting 40" Komori in a month or so and we anticipate work scaling up.
Aaron, What kind of color control will it have?
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

AaronH

Quote from: johnny_jay on June 30, 2023, 12:04:00 PM
Quote from: AaronH on June 29, 2023, 03:37:59 PMWe're getting a 10 color, UV, perfecting 40" Komori in a month or so and we anticipate work scaling up.
Aaron, What kind of color control will it have?
I believe it is going to have a automatic scanner, hand scanner and CIP.