colour swatch book

Started by DPSprint, March 04, 2020, 04:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPSprint

yes I know its the non USA spelling of colour... thats how we roll down this way.  :D

Anyway, the bosses want to create a colour swatch book to print on the indigo. We have sheets at the moment but they want something a bit easier to hold, that they could print for a few clients.

Before I dither around for ages, i thought I would just see if anyone out there has done something and how it worked out. Along the lines of a pantone book.

cheers!

David

believe it or not...
I just got from HP,
a swatch book.
It has metallic silver in it (we just got it installed and it looks killer on paper).
If you don't have silver in your Indigo, you can just kill the silver layer out.
It has 34 pages with 7 colored swatches on each page, very similar to a Pantone book.

you can get it from PrintOS if you have a login.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DPSprint

thats pretty cool!
Apparently our indigo is older and cant be retrofitted with the silver and gold, which is a shame cos it would be extremely handy.

Boss wants to print it on our press which makes sense really so it will be colour accurate to our press.

David

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6lawg334vnzzhni/AAD1U1pUQ1fGnNqZ9oKJ9UNxa?dl=0

Try it out, like I said, just delete the layer for the silver and you'll have a 4 color swatch book.
At least it's a starting point, you can always add or delete colors.

Cheers and enjoy!

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: DPSprint on March 04, 2020, 04:05:13 PM
yes I know its the non USA spelling of colour... thats how we roll down this way.  :D

Anyway, the bosses want to create a colour swatch book to print on the indigo. We have sheets at the moment but they want something a bit easier to hold, that they could print for a few clients.

Before I dither around for ages, i thought I would just see if anyone out there has done something and how it worked out. Along the lines of a pantone book.

cheers!

We spell "color" "colour" here in Canada as well. I always spell it "color" however, seems like a waste of time putting in that extra "u".

Call me a rebel or a renegade I suppose.

Foozball

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on March 05, 2020, 07:05:43 AM
Quote from: DPSprint on March 04, 2020, 04:05:13 PM

cheers!

We spell "color" "colour" here in Canada as well. I always spell it "color" however, seems like a waste of time putting in that extra "u".

Call me a rebel or a renegade I suppose.
I still use "colour" ... it starts a lot of awkward conversations, where I make fun of how all y'all "talk funny"!

born2print

That swatch is a pretty shade of bleue.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DPSprint

Quote from: david on March 04, 2020, 05:04:51 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6lawg334vnzzhni/AAD1U1pUQ1fGnNqZ9oKJ9UNxa?dl=0

Try it out, like I said, just delete the layer for the silver and you'll have a 4 color swatch book.
At least it's a starting point, you can always add or delete colors.

Cheers and enjoy!
thanks very much, will look into that!