Trouble with InD VDP

Started by delooch, May 18, 2018, 05:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Been using Indesign VDP forever. Now whenever i insert a numeric data field (csv file) it places a QR code of the digits, instead of the actual digits. Tried from a new blank document and it does the same. HELP!

delooch

something to do with csv files. if i use an old one from the previous run, i get qr codes. If i create a new csv, it works fine..

Joe

Sounds weird. Can you see any difference at all in the two .csv files?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Something to do with the number of digits, and it's triggering a QR code result? Weird, toss the CSV file out have some other folks test it?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

scottrsimons

Could also be with how the field in Excel is formatted. Select the field(s) or column and change it to just text and see if that fixes it. I haven't done much with InD's merging, we do most in Fusion Pro.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Tracy

trying saving your excel file as a tab delimited text file?

DigiCorn

It's not something dumb like a font, right?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

no. i even changed the column headers on the old file. im going to look into it tomorrow as its the usual fucking monday rush.

i didnt even know InD did QR codes autmoatically

delooch

Quote from: Tracy on May 21, 2018, 08:39:41 AMtrying saving your excel file as a tab delimited text file?

havent tried the tab delimited, just csv as usual. ill give that a shot as well