News:

Main Menu

Why Fonts Matter

Started by Joe, November 25, 2013, 01:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

:lmao:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

motormount

gnubler

That is beautiful.

I looked for an image of the old "Rent A Flick" sign and couldn't find one, though I see it mentioned on the internets.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

very nice Joe...  and she is very special
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

And to get us all in that festive mood...

DigiCorn

That special aunt is indeed a poor font choice, but I'd have to argue that the fonts on the others is just fine; but the tracking/kerning is an issue
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

good stuff!  :lmao:
Quote from: DigiCorn on November 25, 2013, 10:19:34 AMThat special aunt is indeed a poor font choice, but I'd have to argue that the fonts on the others is just fine; but the tracking/kerning is an issue
Indeed.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Fontaholic

I'll have to take a picture of a book cover I saw recently where the word "Contemporary" falls victim to a poor font choice where the lowercase "o"'s are square-looking, so that at first glance, the word looks a lot ruder than it ought to...  :shocked:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

DCurry

There was a very funny episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" a few years back where Larry had an obituary published and the paper made a typo from "aunt" to "cunt."
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Can we rant about Papyrus in this thread?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

I didn't think that was off limits in any thread.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on December 05, 2013, 01:15:01 PMCan we rant about Papyrus in this thread?

How is this thread different than any other thread?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Fontaholic

Quote from: Farabomb on December 05, 2013, 11:48:18 AM

:lmao:

As it that wasn't bad enough, I see through the windshield (or windscreen to other parts of the English-speaking world), that the truck letterer committed the cardinal sin of setting Brush Script in ALL CAPS...  :shocked:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic