InDesign doc "denied access"

Started by Designia(o_O), September 09, 2020, 06:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Designia(o_O)

Just upgraded to Creative Cloud yesterday, god help me. Single user license, don't work over a server and I'm getting an error message on a doc I made last week

> "This file is already open by another user or another application. This file may be stored on a network and cannot be opened until the other user closes it"

There is no other user, there is no other application and there is no network. Windows 10. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks!

David

Did Indesign crash with the file open?

If so, there ay be a temp file left over, possibly delete the temp file and try again.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Something didn't get closed properly. Do you see the temp file InDesign creates in the same location as the .indd file? InDesign creates the temp file every time you open an InDesign file. If so it "thinks" it is still open. And it might anyway even if you don't see the temp file. If you do see the temp file try opening it. If you don't see the temp file reboot the PC and try again. To honest neither seems likely since it is a previously created InDesign file. What version of Creative Suite created the original file? Since you just upgraded to Creative Cloud yesterday I'm guessing it is a much newer version of InDesign. Can you go back and open the file in the old version and save as a .idml file and then try opening that in Creative Cloud?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Designia(o_O)

No temp file or any hidden objects. I'm actually just going to recreate it, not a big deal.
What version was it created in originally you ask? CS2 OF COURSE!!! LOLLLL!

Figured it out, I right-clicked on the doc icon and saw "give access to" gave read/write access to everyone and boom.
Thanks for the help guys!

Joe

Ahhhh the old permissions thing. Glad you got it sorted.

Just to add...that is a stupid error message for a permission problem. Thanks Adobe!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.