any xerox 700 users?

Started by agent_orange, October 25, 2012, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Some of them should get into paper manufacturing...since they know so much about the qualities of paper. :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on November 01, 2012, 12:41:39 PMSome of them should get into paper manufacturing...since they know so much about the qualities of paper. :laugh:

they are. They sell xerox paper. It's expensive, of course. One will never know if it is actually the solution.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

It's not. They gave us a couple cartons of Xerox cover stock to make up for "problems" and the crap jammed so I stopped using it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: gnubler on November 01, 2012, 02:17:07 PMIt's not. They gave us a couple cartons of Xerox cover stock to make up for "problems" and the crap jammed so I stopped using it.
Xerox tech back in Colatown said that Xerox VB was a superior VB compared with other brands. WTFE X
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on November 01, 2012, 02:17:07 PMIt's not. They gave us a couple cartons of Xerox cover stock to make up for "problems" and the crap jammed so I stopped using it.

Obviously you weren't using it correctly.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Xerox paper is best used to make a "Jump to Conclusions" mat
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on November 01, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
Xerox paper is best used to make a "Jump to Conclusions" mat
[/quote]
they make that in wall to wall carpet. Our entire office is done in it.
vdp donkey

gnubler

Which square is your chair on?

DigiCorn

"Loose One Turn"

Should say, "Lose," but someone made a typo.

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on November 01, 2012, 03:39:25 PMWhich square is your chair on?

I am not in the office, we have a VCT floor in prepress and they're mostly green squares. We don't jump to conclusions, we just assume the worst.
vdp donkey

gnubler

gnubler

Quote from: t-pat on November 01, 2012, 03:58:17 PMWe don't jump to conclusions, we just assume the worst.

You must work in printing...

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Yesterday we had a litho-gnome bite us. (or would this be a digi-litho-gnome?)

We received Indy files from customer. I generate the PDF for our 700 (w crops and bleeds) and printed out a proof for the job jacket and put in the "digital press bin" to be done.
Production manager runs job in the afternoon, imposes it using the Fiery feature, prints one out for me to color check, which I approved. This is a 1,400 2 sided run and about a 3rd of the way in someone notices odd art on the back side. I overhear conversation as I'm burning some metal, walk into the room and see the mysterious and questionable art. I'm like, "WTF is that?", they were asking the same question. STOP THE JOB!

check proof I ran out earlier, it's not there
it's not on screen when viewing the PDF
it's not in the illustrator file (the background image) even in keyline
we deduced  :laugh:  that it happened during the impose, but how? why?

Have any of you seen anything like then when using the Fiery Impose "feature".
maybe the stray graphic was a feature and we should have let it run.  :laugh: :laugh:

Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Nice. Was quark involved in any way?

On the Creo I get transparency stitching when using imposition. But only sometimes.  :laugh: And 1-up prints fine.

I LOVE PREPRESS.