Back in the market for a new macheen

Started by Slappy, May 08, 2013, 03:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Seems that one of our largest clients finally said they hate the look of our Xerox output, and they'll only award work to Indigo shops, and maybe iGen4 if it's configured for the matte inks. They had me sending sample files all over the place gathering prints to compare and there was an HP rep in today finally. Much as our 5000 could be a temperamental bitch in heat some days, i hope they drop a nice 5600 or 7600 model in here & let me configure it properly.

We'll see, I've tried to tell them how far above operating costs & expertise the Indigo is but the quality is second to none.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Possum

Wouldn't that be just the thing if you go to the expense of an Indigo, then that client goes elsewhere anyway, or belly up?
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Slappy

I guess that could be a concern, although not likely. They're not going anywhere, the sector they're in is only growing exponentially but I suppose there's always a chance of it happening. I'd imagine if they went Indigo, they would have to push the sales people to upsell it as a nicer option to the Xerox too. That's the only way to make it profitable, I know how expensive they are to operate.

As it stands, I think they're now trying to get Xerox to find them a previously owned iGen with the matte ink installed. Yay, because refurbed copiers never cause huge problems right?  :undecided:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.