Toner "Spray" on our Ilumina

Started by Slappy, June 19, 2013, 10:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Quote from: Possum on June 24, 2013, 09:22:15 AMWish you luck with the toner, Gnub. We had so many problems with a similar product, other brand, they switched out a board for a non-branded native Oki board and we hoped we could use native consumables. The company has their chips all over the machine, so it wouldn't work with an Oki board. They had to put in a branded board, and we're stuck paying three times as much for consumables.

It's not a Xante, though, your results may differ.

same deal with our PSI envelope printer. It's a Xerox 7400, but won't take 7400 consumables due to chips. Pain in the ass, as they are more expensive.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Slappy

Anybody have a clue as to how to spin the drum on one of the colors? Getting a "dot" on the black drum and I can't get the shitty plastic gear to spin so we can see where it's coming from. And I don't have a spare drum I can swap out, of course.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

nm, ended up running the 10x13 envelopes (the max that will fit through this pos, in theory) with the 10" edge first instead of the flap edge. Only ended up eating about 5 hours of my day, for a 1000 run. Pure profit baby!!!!  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

Quote from: Slappy on November 10, 2013, 07:08:26 PMwith the 10" edge first instead of the flap edge

No need to elaborate. I went thru similar crap with the Xante, feeding it through the non-flap edge because it kept jamming the other way. A pressman saw me doing that and said something to the effect of "that's fucked up". Whatever works. :laugh:

About two hours of babysitting when it would be done in 15 mins on the Printmaster. But nooooo....
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Possum

Same thing here, babysitting those "special" window envelopes. When they aren't perfectly dry, the paper at the bottom of the window starts to get unstuck and bends up and back.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Slappy

I won't even attempt windows on this thing - told them it's not "approved stock" for the machine. :lol:

Slappy

Just fuckin' great - now I've got a couple hundred 9x12 booklets that have a large area of red coverage at the bottom half & it's mottling like crazy. Tried adjusting fuser temp, different paper weight & finish settings, turned the "Heavy Toner Coverage" On - nothing helps. I suppose it could be crappy PrintMasters they insist on ordering, not even sure if Cougar or somebody similar makes a 9x12 booklet though.

FML

gnubler

On the Xante I could not remedy the mottling on any envelope stock other than ones that are super smooth and designed for laser printing. Have fun.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

I found a stash of Cougar A9 env, reduced the art to about the same coverage area and look at that - holds the solids just fine! Too bad they're twice as expensive as the PrintMasters and we have to order 500 of 'em for a 200 piece run.

Possum

Beats having 200 trashed envelopes to print 200 good ones.

Farabomb

Quote from: Possum on November 11, 2013, 04:28:02 PMBeats having 200 trashed envelopes to print 200 good ones.

You are obviously not an owner.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Of course not. If I were, I wouldn't buy envelopes at all, just use the moldy, warped 20 year old ones I got from a printer going out of business.

Farabomb

That have been sitting for years in a dark corner?

Yea, it's common to hear "well we had it at one time" here. No shit, we had lots of things but of they are not replaced... It's like the bindery guy that thinks there is a toilet paper fairy because it always magically appears.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Quote from: Possum on November 12, 2013, 09:06:09 AMOf course not. If I were, I wouldn't buy envelopes at all, just use the moldy, warped 20 year old ones I got from a printer going out of business.

Sounds like your boss and my boss go to the same auctions...  :rolleyes:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Possum

Quote from: Farabomb on November 12, 2013, 09:18:29 AMThat have been sitting for years in a dark corner?

Yea, it's common to hear "well we had it at one time" here. No shit, we had lots of things but of they are not replaced... It's like the bindery guy that thinks there is a toilet paper fairy because it always magically appears.

That's funny. Anyplace I worked that had a toilet paper fairy, the paper magically disappeared. To the point that it has to be locked up.