work and turn trim marks

Started by tapdn, June 05, 2009, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

Quote from: TommyGun on December 11, 2012, 04:29:29 PM
Quote from: DCurry on June 06, 2009, 07:03:02 PMIf you are using Smart Crop marks and want to delete some but not all, hold the option key and select the marks you want to delete.
I cannot seem to delete only some of my smart registration marks this way.

I'm using a Work and Turn style and get mirrored marks in my center gutter. Afaik there is no way to fix this... :angry:
Drag-select the gutter, Command-I, de-select show folds in gutter
?
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

TommyGun

t-pat

are you using preps 6?
I have 2 sets of smart marks, one for single sided (includes work & turn/wpork & tumble) that have the smart marks set for Front only, and another set for 2 sided (includes sheetwise, perfecting) that have the marks set for 2 sides.
hth
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

TommyGun

Well i guess that's the only solution...  :azn:

Stiv

Never use the W&Turn, just set it up as Single-Sided.

W&Turn will burn you every time.

DigiCorn

To reiterate, I've found that if you open a template that originated in Preps 5 there are certain marks in the gutter that won't come off for any reason, no matter what you do. If the template originated in 6, then you can remove and manipulate them.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Quote from: t-pat on December 26, 2012, 01:58:18 PMare you using preps 6?
I have 2 sets of smart marks, one for single sided (includes work & turn/wpork & tumble) that have the smart marks set for Front only, and another set for 2 sided (includes sheetwise, perfecting) that have the marks set for 2 sides.
hth
Is that like a rolled taco? :laugh:

gnubler

:laugh: Good one.

It goes w/ his homebrew.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

I thought a pork and tumble was a sex thing...  :homer:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Quote from: TommyGun on December 28, 2012, 10:46:18 AMWell i guess that's the only solution...  :azn:

I never used smart marks in preps 5 but if they behave like they do in 6 they honor "Front" "Back" or "Both", and if you say both on a pork and turn, it does exactly that, both. So I do "Front" and mirror.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Tracy

:laugh:
Can I get a Pork n Roll with Guaca-mole

Sorry tpat, not sure what's wrong with me today

gnubler

Tracy

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway