2 books, one impo, creep problem

Started by scaggio, November 01, 2010, 03:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Yes, born, that solution would not work if it were more sigs.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

Quote from: DCurry on November 01, 2010, 11:15:50 AMYes, born, that solution would not work if it were more sigs.
Thanks Dan, I was excited for a minute there, but I think it would be very rarely that this trick would work for us.
BTW, Imports to Preps from Upfront fare no better, even with the extra signature controls.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

Quote from: born2print on November 01, 2010, 10:35:45 AM
Quote from: Joe on November 01, 2010, 10:32:23 AM
Quote from: born2print on November 01, 2010, 10:24:28 AMGoing to Perfect bound is an interesting solution, we usually just give up when 2 books are sharing forms....
question though, doesn't going to perfectbound paginate for stacked sigs (rather than nested sigs)?

Yes but it was two separate books in this case so that worked out.
Oh, you mean it was a 64 page signature, rather than 2 32s or 4 16s?

The way I understand it...it was 2 64 page books and they wanted 2 separate signatures with creep just applied to each 64 individually. With saddle-stitch binding it would have applied the creep to pages 1-128 as 2 nested sigs. With perfect bound it applies creep to each 64 page sig.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

I was assuming multiple Sigs, as born was. They must be a very small page dimensions; like A6 or something.   :undecided:   Glad you guys turned up, after promising scaggio the world.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on November 01, 2010, 04:39:34 PMI was assuming multiple Sigs, as born was. They must be a very small page dimensions; like A6 or something.   :undecided:   Glad you guys turned up, after promising scaggio the world.   :laugh:

Welcome to web printing. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on November 01, 2010, 10:54:21 PM
Quote from: frailer on November 01, 2010, 04:39:34 PMI was assuming multiple Sigs, as born was. They must be a very small page dimensions; like A6 or something.   :undecided:   Glad you guys turned up, after promising scaggio the world.   :laugh:

Welcome to web printing. :laugh:

I'll pass....  :tongue:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

scaggio

Just a quick update. Perfect bound worked perfectly. It was A6 but sheetfed not for the web. I've attached a copy of the imp that works.

Thanks again for taking the time out to help.

frailer

Quote from: scaggio on November 02, 2010, 01:51:50 AMJust a quick update. Perfect bound worked perfectly. It was A6 but sheetfed not for the web. I've attached a copy of the imp that works.

Thanks again for taking the time out to help.

Nice work.   It's in the b4p foundation charter. Turnaround time here matters...   :laugh:

David

every job is a hot job, needed it yesterday...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

No kidding, and the slower we are the hotter EVERYTHING is.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said