Why the Fvck

Started by Farabomb, July 26, 2013, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

I picked up this from the guy that was here. Totally my fault for assuming since proofs were out and approved that the job was setup correctly. I was concentrating on the varnish files the designer kept fucking up.

No worries, as soon as 5 hits it's off to the bar with the woman for a leaving work party. Just wish it was me that was leaving my job.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

so the proofs would not have backed up either
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Could be missing something here, but what about adjusting Trim and Media Boxes in PitStop (page Box Tool), then treat as a Flatwork, taking Press Sheet Size into consideration.
Most times in XMF I treat Tumble as Flatwork, (a lot of similarities to PREPS 6, am thinking)... That way I retain all measurement control, and am not asking the impo. app. to 'think'.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Fontaholic

Quote from: Farabomb on July 26, 2013, 01:47:57 PMI so don't fucking care anymore.

:hello:

One of us!  One of us!  One of us!

:wink:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Farabomb

I'm sure the proofs didn't back up or he did something but didn't document what he did.

It's still not dead nuts perfect but it's the design that's wrong now. If the designer didn't know about making a piece to size, that varnish files had to register perfectly, that's it's ok to place things by eye and he'e never had any issues with his last printer I don't expect that he knows how to make his design back up perfectly.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

don't forget to fix your varnish too!

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Oh added bonus. We are about to run another component of the job and the pressman noticed none of the type changes that were needed to be made were. Since I came in halfway though on this piece of shit I don't know if we made the changes the first round or the designer did. In the end the customer approved the new proofs with the wrong copy now we are just figuring out what we are doing with it and who's paying for it.

I did get to say stop the presses today though.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Quote from: frailer on July 26, 2013, 06:59:37 PMCould be missing something here, but what about adjusting Trim and Media Boxes in PitStop (page Box Tool), then treat as a Flatwork, taking Press Sheet Size into consideration.
Most times in XMF I treat Tumble as Flatwork, (a lot of similarities to PREPS 6, am thinking)... That way I retain all measurement control, and am not asking the impo. app. to 'think'.

if it's set up right, you don't need to think. I always wondered why people try to outsmart their software. There's no reason in Preps why you should have to manually back up a work and flop. If you have to, really, check carefully and figure out why. The disadvantages of manually doing this outweigh the advantages by a ton. There's no thinking for the software, it takes the position from center, and mirrors it for the backup.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Farabomb

That's my rule here. Feed prinergy/preps the best file possible and it's not an issue.

The only reason I have to do it this way is to save plates on a already fucked up job.

My fucking fault for thinking people would listen to the SOP I have set here. I've seen the problems not doing it right causes.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

StudioMonkey

Quote from: Farabomb on July 29, 2013, 02:53:09 PMThat's my rule here. Feed prinergy/preps the best file possible and it's not an issue.

The only reason I have to do it this way is to save plates on a already fucked up job.

My fucking fault for thinking people would listen to the SOP I have set here. I've seen the problems not doing it right causes.

Use this disaster to make your point.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

Oh sir, I shall.

We are slow and he's told me to fix al the little things we've neglected when we were busy. Too bad the little things are huge issues now.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Quote from: Farabomb on July 30, 2013, 08:19:57 AMOh sir, I shall.

We are slow and he's told me to fix al the little things we've neglected when we were busy. Too bad the little things are huge issues now.

Unfortunately, that's what happens to little things when left to their own devices for too long -- trust me, I know from bitter experience. . . .  :rolleyes:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Farabomb

The fact that in 8 months he didn't realize we need to replace the broken platemaker just blows my mind.

The fact he is not here and off doing his other business, leaving everyone here to do his job is insane.

Walking out is very possible today. I just can't deal with the bullshit anymore.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

I may be right behind you.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david