Why the Fvck

Started by Farabomb, July 26, 2013, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

I'm happy I get 10 hours off of work.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on July 31, 2013, 11:41:52 AM
Quote from: Tracy on July 31, 2013, 11:23:08 AMOff work for 10 days?!!!11

Yeah, wtf? That's totally unAmerican. You have shamed the nation and your fellow citizens with this "vacation" of yours. GET OUT!  :whip:

:salute:

I'd do another 10 starting right now if they would let me.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I'm about to quit just to get a vacation.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Seems extreme.

We have these pieces of paper you put your name and list the dates you are going to be gone. Works every time.

gnubler

You have like 10 other prepressers to cover you. Smaller shops aren't like that and business tends to come to a halt without anyone in prepress. At least Corn's shop finds a temp while he's gone, but we've heard about how well that works out...
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Quote from: Joe on July 31, 2013, 01:38:33 PMSeems extreme.

We have these pieces of paper you put your name and list the dates you are going to be gone. Works every time.

Yea, last time I did that it managed to get "lost" a week before I was to leave and boss said it never existed so tough. Then I reminded him of the conversation we had last month, the week before he left on vacation where he said "shit, that's not the week you're taking off too is it?"

I can't remember what I had for breakfast but give it about a week and I remember everything. Fucker still made me come in the day I was to leave.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

StudioMonkey

Used to be I never knew what to do with myself on holiday - now we have the internet  :dev2:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

DCurry

I had 11 days in a row off last month because I took a week's vacation following the July 4th holiday.

I also have 3-day weekends because they offered me a 4-day workweek to entice me to come here. Wasn't able to do it for very long due to a personal issue with my coworker, but now I'm back on it so I have Mondays off.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on August 01, 2013, 05:15:53 AMI had 11 days in a row off last month because I took a week's vacation following the July 4th holiday.

I also have 3-day weekends because they offered me a 4-day workweek to entice me to come here. Wasn't able to do it for very long due to a personal issue with my coworker, but now I'm back on it so I have Mondays off.

Same here and I love it on Sat, Sun, & Mon. Sucks the other 4 days though.

gnubler

Quote from: StudioMonkey on August 01, 2013, 03:15:21 AMUsed to be I never knew what to do with myself on holiday - now we have the internet

Um, get out and explore the world? Jeez...

Doomed.

StudioMonkey

Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

You should.

Your life is yours to do as you wish. Too bad society has made it that you must make a living at the expense of your life.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on July 31, 2013, 01:42:30 PMYou have like 10 other prepressers to cover you. Smaller shops aren't like that and business tends to come to a halt without anyone in prepress. At least Corn's shop finds a temp while he's gone, but we've heard about how well that works out...
:goodpost:

I once worked a gig where it was at nights and 3-day weekends with 4 10s. Wish I could do that again. I loved working nights. No people.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

I do everything I can to avoid people. When we have customers in the shop I move to a different room and run equipment that makes noise so it looks like I'm involved in serious production.

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on August 02, 2013, 07:48:08 AMYou should.

Your life is yours to do as you wish. Too bad society has made it that you must make a living at the expense of your life.

Agreed. That's why I got on DCS's ass all the time about his obsessive 70 hour work weeks and doing freelance jobs all weekend. WTF is that for? I hope the tornado will change his life for the better, more important things than doing fucking prepress.