Saving down from 6 to 5?

Started by DigiCorn, September 11, 2014, 10:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Is it possible to save a Preps 6 template so that it will work in preps 5?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I don't think so. You can open it in 5 but it will give you a warning that it was created by a later version of Preps and all kinds of bad things will happen if you use it. Think floods, earthquakes, locusts...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

also crickets...   hordes of crickets....
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

YES! I forgot about the crickets!

DigiCorn

Is anyone out there willing to build me a Preps 5 template? I'm trying to do it as a favor for my old workplace. I'd just go over there and fix it, but it's 30 miles away and he needs it ASAP.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on September 11, 2014, 10:31:11 AMIs anyone out there willing to build me a Preps 5 template? I'm trying to do it as a favor for my old workplace. I'd just go over there and fix it, but it's 30 miles away and he needs it ASAP.

I can do it but it will be this evening before that can happen.

Ear

Maybe. I'll have to see if that particular G5 will fire up. Has been in hibernation for a couple years.  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

yeah... this numbnuts is filling in for the regular girl over there, and he has to place independent pages, and is having trouble with the crop marks.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

real printers don't need crop marks...      :lmao:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Quote from: DigiCorn on September 11, 2014, 10:40:55 AMyeah... this numbnuts is filling in for the regular girl over there, and he has to place independent pages, and is having trouble with the crop marks.

Like clicking on the page and choosing add cropmarks?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Independent pages are a PITA in Preps 5, compared to newer imposition packages. Especially if numbnuts is a Preps noob.  :laugh:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

I'm well aware of independent pages. They suck but nothing you can't solve with a little math. Having crop mark issues is what gets me. Click page, add crops, choose length and offset and you're done.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

He's just a doofus. He got fired from here, and I took his job. He got my old job, but got fired from it too. Now he's filling in because their other backup for the prepress position got himself arrested, and they were desperate.

As it turns out, last night when he called I told him to remove the smart marks (they were getting into the work on the independent pages), and add the static crop marks, and then he should be able to click and delete. For whatever reason, he got confused and didn't do it. Then, a few minutes ago, I got a VM that said he found a "workaround." He deleted the smart marks and added the static marks.  :homer: Then, the ones that went into the work were easily deletable. He was all proud of himself, because "he figured it out on his own." He's just an idiot.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway