Always looking...part time Toronto Canada

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 28, 2007, 05:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on November 27, 2008, 03:05:37 PMHey Matt, I would sure have a beer with you if I had of known, you're like a legend man!

A legend in his own mind, I mean time.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

mattbeals

I might be back in Mississauga or Toronto proper before too much longer. If I am we'll have to meet up.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

pspdfppdfxhd

Cool, maybe you can autograph my Preps dongle for me  :smiley: :smiley:

gnubler

If I go to Edmonds, will you autograph my shotgun? You can write "Postscript is dead" or whatever you like on it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Silly girl... postscript ain't dead. Even if I didn't use it EVERY single day, it is still a viable troubleshooting option. If it were dead, it wouldn't be used at all, by anyone. (Period.)

Of course my definition of dead, and your definition of dead are probably different, right?
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 03, 2008, 03:37:32 PMSilly girl... postscript ain't dead. Even if I didn't use it EVERY single day, it is still a viable troubleshooting option. If it were dead, it wouldn't be used at all, by anyone. (Period.)

Tell that to Mr. Beals!

Joe

PS ain't dead until Adobe can't squeeze any more cash out of it. :evil:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Chelle

We have switched to Prinergy and STILL used postscript in some cases.
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

gnubler

FWIW, I create PDFs in Distiller every week - just today, in fact. I haven't found a better way to get the smallest PDF possible. All depends what your goal and/or problem is.

Chelle

I do too - hell... Every damn day. But I've had a couple things that I've created in Illy that the effects don't process correctly for some reason in Prinergy as a pdf, but they do as a PS. And Prinergy processes files so fast, it would take longer to turn the PS files to pdf's than to just process the PS files. Ahh... Prinergy.

G_Town

Quote from: Chelle on December 03, 2008, 08:13:18 PMI do too - hell... Every damn day. But I've had a couple things that I've created in Illy that the effects don't process correctly for some reason in Prinergy as a pdf, but they do as a PS. And Prinergy processes files so fast, it would take longer to turn the PS files to pdf's than to just process the PS files. Ahh... Prinergy.

Use what works for you is my motto, that and always blame it on the dog. If someone is overly persistent for you to change then they are usually trying to sell you something IMHO.

Chelle

Quote from: G_Town on December 09, 2008, 08:08:19 AM
Quote from: Chelle on December 03, 2008, 08:13:18 PMI do too - hell... Every damn day. But I've had a couple things that I've created in Illy that the effects don't process correctly for some reason in Prinergy as a pdf, but they do as a PS. And Prinergy processes files so fast, it would take longer to turn the PS files to pdf's than to just process the PS files. Ahh... Prinergy.

Use what works for you is my motto, that and always blame it on the dog. If someone is overly persistent for you to change then they are usually trying to sell you something IMHO.
Only thing is they don't let me bring the dog to work. This is when we blame the "designer". :laugh:

G_Town

Quote from: Chelle on December 09, 2008, 10:07:46 AM
Quote from: G_Town on December 09, 2008, 08:08:19 AM

Only thing is they don't let me bring the dog to work. This is when we blame the "designer". :laugh:

Dog/Designer same diff except you can train a dog not to shit on a job.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: G_Town on December 09, 2008, 11:26:56 AMDog/Designer same diff except you can train a dog not to shit on a job.

OH BUUUUUURRRN!!  :laugh: 
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb