Really Old Macs?

Started by kermit, September 11, 2007, 10:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

Does anyone have really old Macs that you want to throw out? Like 10 years old or older? I want to setup mini museum at my place with working Macs.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

almaink

Well I have a MAC II FX cost over $10, 000 when it was new, making it the most expensive Mac ever made.
I also have a Performa 630CD. Both still run OS7.6.1. No idea what they are worth tho. Not much I'm sure and the shipping would be expensive I guess.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

doubting_thomas

I might still have a Mac Plus around. The monitor is fried, but it still bongs, so it
might still work fine. Couldn't tell until the monitor was fixed.

jimking

I have a one piece (monitor and CPU) Performa 575 that I paid 2300 bucks for.

kermit

The very first mac that I personally paid for was PowerMac 7500/100. I think it was in 1995? Later I have got even older Macs IIFX with Rocket board, IIci, 7100/66 but unfortunately I threw them out.

I don't need IIFX as it is too big, but color classic in working condition would be nice or something small as I don't have that much room for them.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Chilbear

I have my first bxw Plus and two SEs. I have a Plus keyboard and HD but no cables - it was a brain fart when I moved. Want any? 1 SE works and another has blown a monitor. BUT it has been about 6 years since anything was plugged in.

I was thinking about fish tanks, then got sentimental and now Fcuk it. After Prepress is Sales then retirement and golf will be my prime time hobby after I get home from my Walmart greeter position. Go Gold Go.

kermit

No. Thanx Chillbear. I have limited space here. I'll wait till I find free Color Classic.

born2print

Quote from: kermit on September 12, 2007, 08:37:39 AMNo. Thanx Chillbear. I have limited space here. I'll wait till I find free Color Classic.
I just remembered, I bought a couple of classic suitcases at Salvation Army for like $1 USD each and noticed some REALLY OLD computers there, obviously it's hit and miss, but 1 of them was a pre-FX, like an SE or something, worth a look maybe.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

hotmetal

A couple years ago I bought 40 old Mac IIci cases (empty) for a dollar each from a local recycler, Que Computers. I used them instead of concrete blocks and bricks to build a bunch of bookshelves. There's also a IIfx case in the shelves somewhere - I found it in an alley. Strong, they are. Light-weight, too.

Where you at, Kermit? I have other stuff that works sitting around, like a Quadra 950, that you could come pick-up if you're anywhere near Minneapolis. I'm not shipping this stuff, at least not until the day comes when I can get real cash for it on Ebay. I do have a working Mac Plus complete with the original box and styrofoam packing, though it's not quite mint anymore.

This stuff is like Lionel Trains - collectors dig it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson