Printing's alive

Started by Laurens, January 15, 2008, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurens

Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

Ear

That's awesome. I looked close, I almost expected the name tag to say Stevenator.  ;)
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

hotmetal

That was worth logging in for today!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

ninjaPB_43

YeayuHHH!!   nice post Laurens. :D   
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

rrobinson

That was easily the best thing I've ever seen in my life!! I'm sharing it with everyone, thank you!!
Rob Robinson
EPP Manager
Color World Printers

Kodak Prinergy Connect 3.1.0.6 (RBA/APA) - InSite 4.5 - Preps 5.2.3 - Prepare 2.1 - Lotem 400

gnubler

!!!!

"The power of printing..."

Too funny. If that guy really is a pressman, he has the same rage of nearly every pressman I've ever met.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Yes he does! I was a bindery foreman, then a pressman before moving to prepress and I can understand the rage. I once saw a pressman get so mad he started crying. I won't say I made him cry because it was his own fault but it was damn funny.

I was a stripper at a different shop and this pressman was an asshole to everyone. I have a thick skin so I pretty much just laughed it off and he was kind of funny, he just took himself too seriously. The plate processor sat in the pressroom, right outside the stripping door and very close to his press which was a 20x28 sheetfed. He had this habit of stacking paper, makeready and such, on the plate processor which wasn't a problem until I had to open it. It was a Polychrome processor and anyone who has ever used one of these wretched pieces of equipment knows it likes to accordion fold plates.

So I had asked him, NICELY, on a number of occasions to not stack things on the processor, fair enough right? I come out one day and hear the processor making an origami dinosaur out of a plate so I grab the 200 sheets of effing makeready and toss it on the floor behind me so I can get in before the machine creates a pan-dimensional wormhole. Dude sees it and goes ballistic! Gets up in my face and wants to take it outside and everything, I have no problem with this which calls his bluff so he stomps off to the OWNER to bitch. The owner was already tired of his crap and tells him to STFU and go pick it up. He came back in tears mumbling while he picked up the mess. I know he wanted to slap the Cheshire grin off my face.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

papa v2.0

brilll

i found this last nite

http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/workshops/power_of_color.php

check out the quicktime viedo
its supposed to be serious but i was crying with laughter for 10mins after
ho ho ho

if it just that easy

born2print

He says he was "born to print," yeah, whatever! 8)
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

gtrev

Quote from: papa v2.0 on January 16, 2008, 04:34:20 PMbrilll

http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/workshops/power_of_color.php

check out the quicktime viedo
its supposed to be serious but i was crying with laughter for 10mins after
ho ho ho

if it just that easy

I'd rather see this ponytailed bozo inflating the balloon from the appropriate place!
What proof?

mark_jetzer

You can work in printing without a thick skin.  I don't get chewed out like I used too.  I've been read the riot act up and down and inside out on more than one once.  Stream of profanity that would make a sailor blush - in front of clients too.

One day I worked a 12 hour shift and 3 hours after I left the boss called in me (come in or you're fired!)  He then proceeded to bitch at me for 30 minutes about what a crap job I did on the color separations.  If it wasn't for labor laws he would make me stay and fix it for another 12 hours - without pay.

I left that company within a year of that.

I do love the video.  It's been a huge hit around my shop.  The director of the company even watched it and laughed.

gnubler

I worked with a pressman once who turned into the devil once the presses started running. Every day I heard numerous "fuuuuucks" coming from the pressroom and a few times metal plates were thrown across the room. At that point I had to tell Bossman things were out of control in the pressroom - I was afraid to go in there.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

Quote from: gnubler on January 17, 2008, 11:20:09 AMI worked with a pressman once who turned into the devil once the presses started running. Every day I heard numerous "fuuuuucks" coming from the pressroom and a few times metal plates were thrown across the room. At that point I had to tell Bossman things were out of control in the pressroom - I was afraid to go in there.
I don't blame ya, them plates is shaaaarp!
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Gutnbg

I was wondering about the guy in the video, if he has a sign near his press to beware of flying wrenches.

He wouldn't be the first to need one.
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

Sparky

Now I know why I stayed in stripping, the dude scared me (in a "look at me again and I'll go postal" kind a way) Damn I bleed CMYK, and the occasional spot color. I'm an artist, and architect, mechanical draftsman, and photographer. All I do is throw razor blades at things that piss me off, slice n dice "Kimwipes" in mid air with my scissors, and tell apprentices to go to the pressroom and get me a jar of green halftone dots ::)
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"