News:

Main Menu

Matt Beals

Started by Joe, February 24, 2020, 10:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

It is with great sadness to learn of the passing of Matt Beals on February 15, 2020. May he rest in peace.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Sad to hear. He was a smart and helpful guy.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

zox

Wow, I am shocked.
I don't know the circumstances but I hope he did not suffer.
May he rest in peace, Matt was a good guy.

Joe

Matt was diagnosed with brain cancer last year and had undergone both radiation therapy and chemotherapy and I believe he also had surgery.

David

Sad to hear. I knew he was sick, I saw some of his post about it.

He's been a part of our world for quite some time.

Cheers Matt, rest in peace my friend.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Oh wow, that's crappy. I remember the post now too, I don't suppose anybody was in touch with him or family?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pspdfppdfxhd

born2print

Thanks Joe. I was unaware... he will be missed here. Gosh.  :'(
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigiCorn

Quote from: Slappy on February 25, 2020, 09:23:49 AM
Oh wow, that's crappy. I remember the post now too, I don't suppose anybody was in touch with him or family?
I think it's been about 2 years now, actually. I think Joe knows my Matt story, but I will say that he was attentive and knew his shit. He was a helpful member of B4Print and a contributor to it's value and success.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

I pray his family is ok, yes he was a very smart guy and very helpful too.

Joe

born2print

Youston had it all wrong. It was 8 people. :ninja:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigiCorn

I thought I had been mentioned as one of the original manipulators, but after re-reading it was actually Digital [redacted] Shoveler, may his memory rest in peace as well. But tracy? yeah... she is a troublemaker.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Yeah I have always suspected her of some tomfoolery around here. Now the cat is out of the bag!

:smileycop:

Joe

Quote from: born2print on February 25, 2020, 11:59:12 AM
Youston had it all wrong. It was 8 people. :ninja:

Is that a confession?