News:

Main Menu

Matt Beals

Started by Joe, February 24, 2020, 10:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Possum on February 25, 2020, 03:19:32 PM
It sure was fun then. With the knives and all.

From frat house to old folks home. :cane: (see below)

Quote from: born2print on February 25, 2020, 03:41:13 PM
Depends®...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DPSprint

Quote from: Joe on February 24, 2020, 10:06:36 PM
It is with great sadness to learn of the passing of Matt Beals on February 15, 2020. May he rest in peace.

:cry:

born2print

It's just the internet
So it has been said
Just a forum of geeks
Sharing tales of dread

But to me it is so much more

Friends
Friends with problems
Others with issues
Some trading beer
Some offering tissues
Some post A LOT
While others just listen
To me this is a place where we all just fit-in

It's just the internet
Don't take it as real
But to me this forum
this community
My friends
Are the real deal

-born
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

That really sucks. He was a really smart dude and from talking to him on hatebook and such he had an interesting life. He really knew his shit about PDFs and would also explain the hows and whys so not only did you get your answer, you learned something too. He's going to be missed.

I didn't really understand beyond he had something going on medically wise. He was always fighting it and overall upbeat. Guess when you're fighting shit like that you have to be.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on February 25, 2020, 03:55:31 PM
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
no.

it's the only way.

Adulting is boring. Go have fun, while you can.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Aw shucks Born, that was awesome!

Farabomb

That is an awesome poem.

I've met a whole bunch of different people on the net. Some even in real life. People say "that's not really meeting/knowing someone" but that's bullshit. There are some I know IRL that I don't "know". Hell, I got surprised by family that I thought I knew...

Through the net I'm in my present position running a race shop and honestly, have a new family through that was well. For a severe introvert, that's pretty good.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Family can and will screw you over worse than anybody. As far as the net, getting in with the right bunch of people (like this one) is definitely a plus, IMHO. Anybody who is an introvert or who has been just plain beaten down can find a voice and find they are worthwhile too. It does a lot for a person's psyche.

Not to mention, finding a group you can snark with .... priceless.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

StudioMonkey

It is with great sadness to learn of the passing of Matt Beals on February 15, 2020. May he rest in peace.

:o :(
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

AaronH

Man that sucks. I hope his family is doing ok.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

motormount

Sorry to hear that, a lot of people got a lot of help from Matt.
He will be missed...

frailer

Quote from: david on February 25, 2020, 08:23:15 AM
Sad to hear. I knew he was sick, I saw some of his post about it.

He's been a part of our world for quite some time.

Cheers Matt, rest in peace my friend.

Well summed up, David. Yep, remember him from prepressforum days. He was often 20% sorta selling something, but boy was the 80% useful, mostly. He made you think about stuff often, rather than shoving it down your throat. Shitty and sad.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.