Convert all Text to Outlines-Doesn't Always

Started by Slappy, September 11, 2019, 01:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

I get that, and I've seen it first hand. Our Onyx RIP will not always produce a vector file, especially a complex one with lots of transparency, layers, drop shadows, etc. Something goes wrong in the flattening process and things get omitted or it produces the inverse of what's expected.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

abc

Thanks for the file. If you can't outline I guess the only other option is to rasterize the type.
Here's an Action List to convert Type 3 fonts to images, it's set to 600 dpi so you  might want to change that. Seems to work ok.

Slappy

Thanks, that worked like a charm! And, bonus, it just got approved late in the day so I didn't have to rasterize the whole lot of them entirely.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

Always nice to hear when it works.
Gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling going into the weekend!

Although that could just be the Red Wine.   :rolleyes: