GREEN STICKY NOTE RETURNS

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, September 28, 2022, 07:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Is it just me or has anyone found that the green sticky note abomination has returned to Acrobat... one of the updates?

Joe, you got out just in time.

Joe

They must have heard I retired and snuck it back in. Bastards!

:wtf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Actually I just looked in Acrobat for the first time in a long time and my sticky notes are now yellow. And they don't automatically appear with shift click unless I turn the preference for that off.

Foozball

Quote from: Joe on September 28, 2022, 07:08:47 AMThey must have heard I retired and snuck it back in. Bastards!

:wtf:
Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter BASTARDS!
- Rick, The Young Ones

pspdfppdfxhd

Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, SONS >:( A BITCHES!

DCurry

I get the green one when I have Separations Preview open and shift-click.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, that's what I'm saying. So I am not going crazy.

David

I get a yellow one.
I have a customer that uses these as revision notes and wants them to print.
I have to jump through hoops to get them to actually print and look like they do on screen.

:faint:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on September 28, 2022, 09:32:16 AMI get the green one when I have Separations Preview open and shift-click.
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 28, 2022, 09:43:14 AMYes, that's what I'm saying. So I am not going crazy.

First question: is Acrobat up to date?

Second question: do you have this box checked?

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.52.19 AM.png
I think the wording of this setting has changed at some point. I don't think it used to say anything about Output Preview.

pspdfppdfxhd

You're still doing it Joe! ;D

Somehow that check box got unchecked. Could an update do that? I doubt it, must have been me.

DigiCorn

Joe knows too much. Off to the island with him.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

David

weird, I forgot more than I know, too!

:o
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

madbugger

What version is acrobat now up to?

I'm currently running 2021.005.20058, I had to revert back to it as an update we installed went to crap in a handbag. I can't remember what went wrong but Pitstop wasn't working and there were other issues as well.

Not having any issues with this one, there may be a few improvements, but in my experience, Acrobat is not like Indesign, Illustrator etc where they tend to roll out lots of unnecessary and annoying things that they think we need, but really don't. 

We were discussing photoshop the other day at work, consensus is that we probably use less than 5% of what it is capable of. I reckon that is overstated, my guess was about 2%
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

AaronH

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 28, 2022, 10:13:58 AMYou're still doing it Joe! ;D

Somehow that check box got unchecked. Could an update do that? I doubt it, must have been me.

If Acrobat crashed, that box may have been unchecked if preferences got corrupt and rebuilt on the next app startup. I haven't had that specific setting reset itself, but my user interface with custom icon placements and tools on the right palette revert to default on occasion.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris