Quark PDF's into InDesign can't export a new PDF?

Started by Dawn, August 19, 2016, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawn

I can't bring PDF's made in Quark 8.5 into InDesign CS6 and export another PDF. What Am I missing? I can bring them into InDesign CS 5.5 and export fine? Please help me out!
If assholes could fly this place would be an airport!

Joe

You can place it but it won't export without an error? What is the error if any?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Dawn

InDesign crashes! No matter what I do it crashes. But if I use the same PDF from Quark and place it in InDesign CS5.5, no problems!

Joe

Do you have a pdf I can try in CS6 when I get to work?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Dawn on August 19, 2016, 07:58:09 AMI can't bring PDF's made in Quark 8.5 into InDesign CS6 and export another PDF. What Am I missing? I can bring them into InDesign CS 5.5 and export fine? Please help me out!

did they put security on the pdf?

Farabomb

I did have an issue with PDF's and indy refusing to export a PDF. I changed them all to .tiffs and it worked fine. Not sure that would work for you, I just had a bunch of scanned pictures.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Dawn

Here is a single page PDF from Quark. Like I said whenI import it into Indd 5.5 no issues but into 6 it just crashes. 

Dawn

pspdfppdfxhd

Ah, I do remember this problem happening to us....

I had to go back to CS whatever or forward to CS whatever (cant remember back or forward) to get it to work. Never figured it out, but I do remember that.

Saved the impo as an .idml and had to use another version to open it and export.

wonderings

I placed it in InDesign 2015 and exported as a high quality pdf with no issues. Maybe flatten the file to get rid of any fonts and try.

pspdfppdfxhd

if you have any other version available, try what I did. (.idml to open in another version.)
 :drunk3:

Dawn

I can get it to work fine in InDesign 5.5 just not 6 :banghead:  Just trying to figure out why? Maybe I don't have a proper plug in?

Farabomb

I'm thinking it's your install. I just dropped it in to CS6 and exported a PDF with no issues.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Not proud of this idea, but you can export .eps from Quark and try that.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Farabomb

If it's all copy like the sample page, that's the route I'd go.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job