PDF from Microsucks Punisher

Started by che.c, April 21, 2011, 04:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Quote from: david on April 21, 2011, 02:53:55 PMwhich color were you?

I have no idea what you are referring to sir.

:ninja:

David

was G Mr Green?

there were so many colors...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

Quote from: david on April 21, 2011, 03:11:14 PMwas G Mr Green?

Surely, sir, you're not implying that anyone from HERE had anything to do with that!  :huh:

I mean ... we're all so refined and mature here.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I don't remember anymore. I don't even remember who was involved. I do know, I had NOTHING to do with it. :ninja:
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 21, 2011, 03:19:33 PMI don't remember anymore. I don't even remember who was involved. I do know, I had NOTHING to do with it. :ninja:

Indubitably. Care for a spot of tea, old bean?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

David

we will disavow any knowledge of the aforementioned activities...

this thread will self destruct in 5 minutes...

old chap my ass
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: youston on April 21, 2011, 03:18:59 PM
Quote from: david on April 21, 2011, 03:11:14 PMwas G Mr Green?

Surely, sir, you're not implying that anyone from HERE had anything to do with that!  :huh:

I mean ... we're all so refined and mature here.

We're also all pink inside. WHO CARES about who's pink and who's brown.  :afro:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: che.c on April 21, 2011, 05:42:51 AMTried printing to PDF printer, postscript and saving as a PDF. On further investigation some of the images are ok, but for some reason I can't select the background images (they main damn problem) for each page... I've dug through all the menus I can think of, and checked master pages - but everything's blank! They aren't even in the innacurately named Graphics Manager. Any clue on how to get to the unselectable background image?

Here is a PDF I created, transparency intact, and converted to CMYK with bleed via enlarging background images. Because the transparency is intact the images are not cut up like a jigsaw puzzle. The background images are unselectable in Publisher because they were placed their via the "Background" feature under the "Format" menu. When placed that way you can't select them. You would need to get your hands on the originals and place them like regular images like any normal sane person would do.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ve9zp2
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

I must say, Punisher is a real treat. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had to resize a page directly in Publisher a couple days ago and I was totally winging it. Turning off hyphenation? Couldn't find it. Some of the "useful features" are very blatant, while more important ones are hidden within menus within menus. I now see why I can look at a customer file and immediately say "they used Publisher".  :laugh:

Joe

gnubler

I hope not. You'll be out of a job along with the rest of us. I treasure church newsletters with every breath I take.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on April 22, 2011, 01:02:41 AMI hope not. You'll be out of a job along with the rest of us. I treasure church newsletters with every breath I take. :invisiblesarcasmemoticon:

Fixed that for those that don't understand you as well as I do.

che.c

Thanks for the help (and the always amusing banter!). The job's running at the moment, that turd still ain't shiny but at least it's got bleed.  :shocked: On second thoughts I really don't like the sound of that sentence.

Those files rocked Joe & Matt! How did you make those? It's preserved everything great. The best I could extricate from Publisher's bowels (and ended up running with) had the background sliced up - is printing ok, but that's not really the point.
I suspected not being able to select the images would be something to do with that damn background option but it seems to swallow the source file and then hide it forever, at least from the likes of me.

They should make bullet proof workstations, just think, you could empty a clip into it from your handgun/rifle/artillery cannon of choice and then carry on with lower blood pressure and only mild hearing loss.