what paper do you use for high quality inkjets?

Started by kermit, September 10, 2007, 09:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

I am looking for new paper for my inkjets, what kind of paper do you use?

Anything good that you can recommend?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

ddbray

beermonster

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

kermit

Quote from: ddbray on September 10, 2007, 07:05:26 PMGMG proofpaper semimatte

ddbray - Where are you located and why do you use gmg paper?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

RobR

Fujifilm Premium Satin 190

When they send me the correct paper >:(
Cincinnati Bengals
LOOSERS!!!!!

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

kermit

Joe

Yes, end rolls from the web press. Newsprint, book, premium...all uncoated. We haven't quite figured out how to make the ink stick to the coated stock so we buy a semi-matt roll for those. I'll have to check and see what brand that is.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ddbray

ddbray - Where are you located and why do you use gmg paper?
[/quote]

I'm in GA. GMG paper was recommended by Terry Wyse when he setuo our GMG proofing system.

kermit

Gmg paper is the pest paper I believe but pricey. Most of European gmg users are using gmg paper but glossy 260 instead of semi 250. Here, in US price is more important than quality and most companies are inclined to use cheaper alternatives. I was in the same boat. Well, you get what you pay for. I tested many papers in the last months trying to find suitable alternative but I may stick with gmg paper. I found some decent papers but the color gamut is smaller. It's maybe OK if you are trying to match the press but I had a hard time trying to match reds of Fuji FinalProof. Maybe new Vivid magenta in 880 series Epsons will help. I am just praying my Epsons will die next year, so I can replace them with 880s.

Vee

It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

kermit

Quote from: Vee on September 11, 2007, 03:19:30 PMHeidelberg Saphira, Premium Semi Matte, 205gsm

Vee, what's the LAB value of this paper?

Vee

Quote from: staten on September 11, 2007, 07:15:40 PM
Quote from: Vee on September 11, 2007, 03:19:30 PMHeidelberg Saphira, Premium Semi Matte, 205gsm

Vee, what's the LAB value of this paper?

Check here. At the bottom of the page is a PDF download with specs.
This is for the new EZ material made for the HP Z's and Epson 600, 800, and 880 series.

GO RED SOX!!

kermit

Check here. At the bottom of the page is a PDF download with specs.
This is for the new EZ material made for the HP Z's and Epson 600, 800, and 880 series.
[/quote]

here, means where? I don't see any link. Do I need another cup of coffee?

Vee

GO RED SOX!!