Fiery XF reinstall

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, December 18, 2017, 04:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Long story short.....

Hard drive failure on Mac A, had to reinstall Fiery server and client on Mac B, everything went okay but on initialization of the server software, an error came up that a particular "port" was already in use and it wont launch. Never seen any mention of a port on a Mac before. Maybe we have to reinstall the server back to Mac B, now that it has a new drive.

Anyone had any similar problems?

Joe

Why would you have to re-install Fiery server and client on Mac B if the hard drive failed on Mac A?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

I run Fiery on a Windows box but I do know it installs its self a printer with a port. Maybe delete the current printer and add it again, to establish the new port... Mac B might know that it is a slave machine and already have a port established. You might need to relearn it to be the big dog.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Ear on December 18, 2017, 04:20:48 PMI run Fiery on a Windows box but I do know it installs its self a printer with a port. Maybe delete the current printer and add it again, to establish the new port... Mac B might know that it is a slave machine and already have a port established. You might need to relearn it to be the big dog.

right, there is a ppd for this setup, i saw it on the dvd, maybe that is what is missing in this setup. Feeling a bit lost on this one.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on December 18, 2017, 04:14:10 PMWhy would you have to re-install Fiery server and client on Mac B if the hard drive failed on Mac A?

Because Mac A ran the server, Mac B ran the client. No server, no client working. I decided to run server and client on Mac B. Mac B is a busy Mac, lotsa stuff going on. Is that why there is no ports available?

Joe

QuoteHard drive failure on Mac A, had to reinstall Fiery server and client on Mac B

Sorry. I read that as both were re-installed on Mac B after the HD failure on Mac A.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on December 18, 2017, 06:31:54 PM
QuoteHard drive failure on Mac A, had to reinstall Fiery server and client on Mac B

Sorry. I read that as both were re-installed on Mac B after the HD failure on Mac A.

Yes, that is the case, Mac A was dead for a bit, trying to do the whole show on Mac B. Client and server running on Mac B.  :drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

Hmmmm deleted some old printers and got this thing to work.

Now it's looking for missing profiles. Oh wait, here's another cd with a profile installer for the Z2100 on it.

I will carry on.

pspdfppdfxhd

like I know what I am doing... :drunk3:

Farabomb

You might know more than the fiery tech they send. Macs are voodoo to them.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

I had to kick the Fiery tech to the curb when mine came in, and that was on a Windows. Told the twerp to go home, then installed and trained myself. Better off with a manual and a ream of test stock, IMO. 
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Ear on December 20, 2017, 12:33:58 PMI had to kick the Fiery tech to the curb when mine came in, and that was on a Windows. Told the twerp to go home, then installed and trained myself. Better off with a manual and a ream of test stock, IMO.

That's what I am basically doing right now, to have someone come in who knows what they are doing  :drunk3: costs about 200 dollars an hour.

Seems to be progressing pretty ok I must say.