It's pink damnit!

Started by Joe, December 10, 2010, 11:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

youston

Tracy

The videos we could come up with! :grin:

gnubler

Hey Joe - thanks for wasting 2:22 of my life. Still, if that guy and I worked together we'd get along.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on December 10, 2010, 10:12:43 PMHey Joe - thanks for wasting 2:22 of my life. Still, if that guy and I worked together we'd get along.

You are welcome.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

awesome, make it snap and pop!

gnubler

"We want it to jump off the page."
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Possum

Give her a Pantone book and sit her in a corner.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Chilbear

I currently have an in house graphic person who gave me the Corporate color as RGB values. She is using Punisher and printing to a copier. "So why is the color different (on the proof) from my printouts?" prompted a PMS book to solve the issue. There is a "new" Corporate PMS color for litho that now matches the copier output.

frailer

Quote from: Chilbear on December 12, 2010, 03:06:01 PMThere is a "new" Corporate PMS color for litho that now matches the copier output.

I think that's called Colour management.    :undecided:    ...in reverse.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

hotmetal

I like it when the press guys take the magenta plate off, wait until the client wanders off, then put it back on, and the client loves the new pink.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

David

been there done that...

it's scary what you can get away with when they think they're smarter than you.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

Quote from: david on December 13, 2010, 05:54:58 PMbeen there done that...

it's scary what you can get away with when they think they're smarter than you.

Ever think that the client may be walking away smugly thinking the same thing, after they've caused you untold hours of frustration over something that (in reality) they don't care about at all?  :laugh:

(Used to know an Asian guy who spoke perfect English, yet when he'd go into a store he'd pretend he didn't speak a word. Just for kicks.)

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

Reminds me of Shroeder's "Beethoven Christmas music," where he plays Jingle Bells all kinds of ways. When he finally lowers his standards to a tinny kiddy piano, Lucy says, "That's it!" Lucy would certain use Punisher.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.