Outlook mail folder behaviour

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, February 28, 2024, 11:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Oh oh, here I am in the Windows thread!

Anyone ever made folders in Outlook based on the rule move to folder ie. JoeBlow@gmail.com to the JOE BLOW folder BUT kept that email in the Inbox as well? I know how to setup to move to a folder but not how to keep it in the inbox as well. 

You can do it on the Mac with a Smart Folder but outlook does not seem to do it.

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 28, 2024, 11:10:42 AMSorry, Joe, no reference to you.  ;D
No problem.

Just a guess but set the rule up to copy instead of move????
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

I think that's right but it may actually copy the email not link to it. If there's an attachment it would be copied too. It's an Exchange account. Might get pretty bloated.

I could be totally wrong though.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 28, 2024, 12:11:11 PMI think that's right but it may actually copy the email not link to it. If there's an attachment it would be copied too. It's an Exchange account. Might get pretty bloated.

I could be totally wrong though.
Yes copying an email copies it and keeps the original. Moving it copies it and then deletes the original.
You never mentioned linking to it. Is that what you are wanting to do? Sounds like flagging an email in Apple Mail where flagged email is just a link to an email.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.