Fiery XF default password?

Started by wonderings, November 13, 2021, 08:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

I use Fiery XF 6 for my Epson 9900 at home. It has been years since I needed to add a new client to connect, and now that I do I cannot remember the password. The EFI support webpage is just not helpful at all. Does anyone by chance know what the default password might be or anyway I could find the password? I tried searching keychain on my Mac but it does not store this password.

Joe

Try "Fiery. 1" without the quotes.

(Default username is Administrator.)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

The Fiery XF 6 User Manual says this though: The user "admin" (password "admin")

So if the first one doesn't work try:

user: admin

and

password: admin

QuoteFiery XF is installed with one default system configuration that consists of two users, one workflow and one output device. You can view system configurations in System Manager.

The user "admin" (password "admin") is permitted to create, set up and manage system configurations in System Manager.

The user "guest" (password "guest") is permitted to print and manage his or her own jobs in Job Explorer but does not have access to System Manager. "Guest" enables infrequent users of Fiery XF to log on quickly and easily, without first having to be defined as a user.

User manual is here: https://help.efi.com/FieryXF/OlderProductVersions/FieryXF6.0/FieryXF6.0_English.pdf
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Thanks all, I did find it in the end and was able to log on from a new client. Now just need to figure out why it won't work from a Win 10 VM!