XMF Signature Dimensions – when are they green and when are they not?

Started by bornrd, September 26, 2022, 03:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornrd

It seems to us that this display of the dimensions of the signature holding the page in XMF completely randomly turns green when set to document dimensions, and sometimes it doesn't. What's the deal here? Today I even spotted a rare two-toner in the wild!

Anyone know what the green means?

It's not because it's congruent with a preset, as far as we can tell 

macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

Tracy

Joe

Probably turns green when the trim box in the PDF matches your trim size in the imposition. Just a guess though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

bornrd

Quote from: Joe on September 26, 2022, 08:50:08 AMProbably turns green when the trim box in the PDF matches your trim size in the imposition. Just a guess though.
Oh, of course, that was our Idea through all the years. But it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with that, on closer inspection. In the above image, trim box and signature have the same dimensions. If I were to switch these values around/turn it by 90 degrees, sometimes both turn green all of a sudden! :D
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

Tracy

DigiCorn

I suggest you alter the color from green to a more pleasing shade of your choosing. You can do this in the colorsync app when you recalibrate your monitor. I suggest making it clear. Problem solved!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

The most amazing thing I remember about XMF was when they introduced sewn sewn sections impos where you'd break up a giant (unbindable) saddle stitch into the desired sewn sections, and the whole thing would reflow in a few seconds.
Gotta love progress.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.