News:

Main Menu

Select by Region

Started by Tracy, July 21, 2023, 07:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Might have to modify it some to keep that yellow background, but I bet we can do that.
It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".

DigiCorn

Quote from: (Pre)PressingMyLuck on March 19, 2024, 12:47:44 PMMight have to modify it some to keep that yellow background, but I bet we can do that.
I'm sorry, but every time I see your screen name, my head keeps repeating, "no whammies, no whammies, no whammies! STOP!"
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Better than other things I could be remembered for I guess :D

Tracy

Quote from: (Pre)PressingMyLuck on March 19, 2024, 12:47:44 PMMight have to modify it some to keep that yellow background, but I bet we can do that.
I put the yelo background in indesign after I'm done fixing the file
so that is not a problem

DCurry

I might be oversimplifying, but I took your sample file and viewed it in wireframe mode to see the underlying structure of the elements. On these 2 pages the die image is pretty close to the top left edge of the page.

So, I did Select Region of .25x.25 of the top left corner, anything fully enclosed or overlapping, then Remove Selection. Worked on these 2 pages.

Maybe you need to see what the variation is across the pages and try to make the region the smallest it can be but still safely get the dieline image.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

That's very similar to what I did, DCurry, but I defined the region on the tap itself. Figured probably less chance of variation across the 600 or so pages there. Fingers crossed it works for her.

DCurry

My thought was there's probably not much important stuff in the corner so less likely to have design elements go along for the ride. 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

correct there is nothing in the corners ever except that die
That is how I delete the die, keep my mouse on that corner 
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete

Thanks guys Great Job! I probably won't implement it on the job I'm working on now
I will try it on my spare time, If something deleted without knowing I'm in trouble
or someone else  ;D as these are emergency procedures for aircraft
;D Not sure why that is so funny to me.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 20, 2024, 09:16:42 AMcorrect there is nothing in the corners ever except that die
That is how I delete the die, keep my mouse on that corner
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete

Thanks guys Great Job! I probably won't implement it on the job I'm working on now
I will try it on my spare time, If something deleted without knowing I'm in trouble
or someone else  ;D as these are emergency procedures for aircraft
;D Not sure why that is so funny to me.
It is nice you care about it where the people creating the file don't care enough to give you proper files. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Another option to think about is to use the same procedure but change the color (but dobt delete) of whatever is going to be deleted. Change it to Magenta or something that stands out. Then you run the that first so you can easily scroll through the entire document and see what changes colors - that's what will be deleted when you do the real thing.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Will that work for a die line that is an image? Ca you change it's color like that?

DCurry

Yup. Convert to spot would probably work best. Or you could remap to a different channel. 

DCurry

Just tested it. Remap to Separation works. 

Tracy

That's a good idea, that's what I do when I get a vector die
which is hard also because it comes Black!
so I have to select by stroke weight and make sure there isn't any other strokes that change color.
which there always is! argh!

yeah Joe some days I really don't care! My question is how are these people getting
jobs with government and ridiculously high pay I'm sure.
I have thought maybe I should get a job there.
sheesh!
This job I'm doing now is a bit different in size and Drill, The page folio's are going to get drilled through.
I called it out last time, they didn't care, why couldn't you put the folios in a different spot?

I can't wait to work on the fix, I'm excited!  ;D
Yeah I have no life  ;D

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 20, 2024, 12:01:36 PMyeah Joe some days I really don't care! My question is how are these people getting 
jobs
I think I jinxed myself by getting into this thread. Yesterday my old Prepress manager called asking for some help with Prinergy.  :o
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.