MS feeling a draft under the Linux door?

Started by frailer, March 01, 2009, 03:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I know it's easy to love to hate MS, but they do rather encourage it, IMO.    :huh:

Shuttleworth on MS threats

And Joe, you didn't ghost-write this one, did you?      :laugh:

DELL & Ubuntu

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on March 01, 2009, 03:46:06 AMI know it's easy to love to hate MS, but they do rather encourage it, IMO.    :huh:

Shuttleworth on MS threats

And Joe, you didn't ghost-write this one, did you?      :laugh:

DELL & Ubuntu

On point number 1, their arrogance is quite appalling. And they wonder why people love to hate them.  :huh:

On point #2, while I do love my Mac I'm okay with Linux too and agree with the author. No way should the common PC idiot try it but even worse is the fact that it is Dell that they will have to deal with. Dell computers suck as does their sales and support staff...which is just people hired off of the street without ever having seen a computer before. Dell gives them a sheet of paper to read off of and you get to sit on hold for 20 minutes to an hour for the privilege.  :death:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jezza

May be the wind is blowing

http://news.apogeedigital.com/index.php/press-releases/43-press-releases/103-apogee-discontinues-windows-development

abandoning a platform says something, but dells Unbunto figures don't quite make sense

Trying to find the linky now
one sick prepress mofo