Xerox DocuColor 250

Started by gnubler, January 05, 2011, 10:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Color copier for sale. Specs are listed on Xerox website:

http://www.office.xerox.com/multifunction-printer/color-multifunction/docucolor-240-250/enus.html

And on product brochure:

http://www.xerox.com/downloads/usa/en/f/FILE_PROD_DC240_250_brochure.pdf

Engine comes with two RIPs - bustled EFI Fiery on the engine and a standalone Xerox FreeFlow DXP250 Color Server. Refurbed engine replaced by Xerox less than 6 weeks ago. Everything's in good working order, you can PM me for specific questions. Located in New Mexico, asking price $8400 OBO.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Intriguing... told the boss (and we could certainly use one)... but I think he's too cash poor to make an offer. How much for just one of the Fiery's? What version of software does the Fiery run? We could use an upgrade.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

I don't know what's actually running on the bustled Fiery - how do I find out? I access it thru Command Workstation on Mac or PC. The other RIP is a standalone box running Freeflow DocuSP.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on January 05, 2011, 04:42:16 PMI don't know what's actually running on the bustled Fiery - how do I find out? I access it thru Command Workstation on Mac or PC. The other RIP is a standalone box running Freeflow DocuSP.
In CMS you can pull down the "about" menu. We're running an antiquated 4.1 and it doesn't back up right, skews prints and allows for no manual adjustment. I think newer versions allow for slight adjustment and don't scale/skew.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Price has been dropped down to $5400 OBO. Boss really wants to get rid of it asap.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/sys/2259973170.html

Joe

I'll come and get it if you pay me $5400. That's my best offer.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I'd almost pay $5400 to take it out into the parking lot and destroy it with a baseball bat and some buckshot.

Some salesman I am. It actually runs good. Boss just hates Xerox.

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on March 11, 2011, 01:23:02 PMPrice has been dropped down to $5400 OBO. Boss really wants to get rid of it asap.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/sys/2259973170.html
Albuquerque eh? More fodder for my Gnubler dossier. If you still want to fight at the tracks at 4:15, I'll be there... as long as I don't make a wrong turn.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

It's all a part of her plan to make you think you know everything about her, only to find out later it's all a fake out.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Vayos con dios. Sold. On its way to Mexico City right now. Buh-bye!

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

Quote from: gnubler on April 18, 2011, 11:29:50 PMVayos con dios. Sold. On its way to Mexico City right now. Buh-bye!

It'll be full of bullet holes before May.  :cry:

gnubler

That's fine. It was about to meet up with a baseball bat in our parking lot a couple months ago.