News:

Main Menu

Thunderbird

Started by DigiCorn, July 19, 2011, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on July 19, 2011, 11:31:17 AMUm, Thunderbird?

Wasn't sure if he meant Thunderbird for both the Mac and PC or not. Thunderbird will definitely let you set up either iMap or POP3. Must be operator error.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

OK. I think things are getting jumped all over. Let me go through the whole spiel.

I'm using TBird on both Mac and PC. At one time, I had a bunch of email on the old server I wanted to salvage, but never was. I think it's still on the old server. I could never re-download it, so I started over...

I got the error message this morning stating I was over quota on the new server. I had existing email which was supposed to be downloaded and stored locally, but I guess it wasn't (even though it was set up to do this). I was trying to salvage my more recent existing local mail, but I decided the hell with it - I just want it to work right. I deleted the IMAP account entirely and created a new account using just POP.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 19, 2011, 11:55:30 AMOK. I think things are getting jumped all over. Let me go through the whole spiel.

I'm using TBird on both Mac and PC. At one time, I had a bunch of email on the old server I wanted to salvage, but never was. I think it's still on the old server. I could never re-download it, so I started over...

I got the error message this morning stating I was over quota on the new server. I had existing email which was supposed to be downloaded and stored locally, but I guess it wasn't (even though it was set up to do this). I was trying to salvage my more recent existing local mail, but I decided the hell with it - I just want it to work right. I deleted the IMAP account entirely and created a new account using just POP.

I thought you said it wouldn't let you create anything but imap. So your problem is solved now? If not...do you have access to the email server? Is the email server through your hosting account?

DigiCorn

I went back and reread what I wrote... I can see where that was confusing. If you go into edit settings, you cannot change it from IMAP... but you can create new accounts, and then by manually configuring, change it to POP. It defaults to IMAP and once it's set up you cannot change it without creating a new account... even if they're both for the same email address.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

So it is working right now?

David

send him an email...    :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Carbon unit failure.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I've always been able to send and receive... it's storage of archived mail I've had problems with... just on one account, just on this Windows box...
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

David

If it was a Mac, you can go to the folder in your mail prefs, and all your emails are there, waiting for you, like an old friend.
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Unfortunately, this is a newer machine, so all the old emails I'd be looking for wouldn't be there... that being said, they are in a folder on Windows also. Sync'ing with the old email server and trying to re-download and re-save to archive doesn't work... I get an error... something about too many connections... even when there's only 1 connection being made.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

I know I'm being about as clear as mud here... it's my problem... not yours... and it's not even a big problem. If I lose them all, it's okay.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

if you can get to the old folder, can you try to copy them out and put them in the new folder?
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Just print them all out and store in a metal file cabinet, sorted by date and sender's last name.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david