News:

Main Menu

Thunderbird

Started by DigiCorn, July 19, 2011, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: gnubler on July 19, 2011, 02:21:27 PMJust print them all out and store in a metal file cabinet, sorted by date and sender's last name.

that's... so old school.

print them out, scan them, save as a jpg, put the jpg in an excel file and email it to yourself.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 19, 2011, 01:47:07 PMI know I'm being about as clear as mud here... it's my problem... not yours... and it's not even a big problem. If I lose them all, it's okay.

Yeah, after all this I'm still unclear about what the problem was to start with. So lets start over. The archive folder. Is it on your email server or on the local PC?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: david on July 19, 2011, 02:55:48 PMprint them out, scan them, save as a jpg, put the jpg in an excel file and email it to yourself.

No need - all my customers already do that.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on July 19, 2011, 03:34:21 PMYeah, after all this I'm still unclear about what the problem was to start with. So lets start over.

You actually care?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I gave up after a few posts.

Unelaboration may have been more effective in this case.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on July 19, 2011, 03:34:21 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on July 19, 2011, 01:47:07 PMI know I'm being about as clear as mud here... it's my problem... not yours... and it's not even a big problem. If I lose them all, it's okay.

Yeah, after all this I'm still unclear about what the problem was to start with. So lets start over. The archive folder. Is it on your email server or on the local PC?
No. Like I said, it was hosted by an ISP, but now it is hosted by some dezinger I'm not supposed to contact. You know what? Forget it... the whole thing is just FUBAR and I lost all my old emails, and it's the boss' fault.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 19, 2011, 04:22:48 PM
Quote from: Joe on July 19, 2011, 03:34:21 PM

No. Like I said, it was hosted by an ISP, but now it is hosted by some dezinger I'm not supposed to contact. You know what? Forget it... the whole thing is just FUBAR and I lost all my old emails, and it's the boss' fault.

Send me your credit card info, your social security number, and your checking account and routing number and I can get it all back for you. I promise. :dev2:

gnubler

I just had a deziner email us a 21Mb file.

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on July 19, 2011, 04:34:12 PMI just had a deziner email us a 21Mb file.
and it actually came through? wow! don't know if i've ever seen one over 12mb make it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I have our email server set to allow emails of 25 mb to get to us. As long as the person sending it can send one that big it will come through.

David

ours is set to 14.9 mb, cuz that's how we roll.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Just couldn't bring yourself to eek out 15 mb?

David

nah, we like to keep the man down...

besides, 14.9 sounds so, techie, it's like better than web 2.0
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 20, 2011, 08:26:26 AM
Quote from: gnubler on July 19, 2011, 04:34:12 PMI just had a deziner email us a 21Mb file.
and it actually came through? wow! don't know if i've ever seen one over 12mb make it.

I was surprised. I didn't set our mail server settings so I don't know what the limit is. David, if you're not too busy maybe you could email me the internet and we'll see how long it takes to crash my server.

David

on it...

right after I finish my turkey pot pie
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

So, anything going on out on your back patio this evening?

Let me know.