News:

Main Menu

Acrobat XI

Started by Joe, October 01, 2012, 01:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Back in the day, I found a few flaws in an early release of Illy 8 and called Adobe support and went over it and over it with them. Same with Preps 6. All my problems were resolved in update patches. I always ask to have them "put my name in the credits," but they never do.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

Quote from: Joe on June 20, 2013, 10:38:30 AMSo is there  a prize for that or just a special mention? :laugh:

Golden Rocket Pony coming your way...

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

abc

Quote from: Joe on June 20, 2013, 10:38:30 AMSo is there  a prize for that or just a special mention? :laugh:

Have you even been to sleep yet!

DigiCorn

Quote from: abc on June 20, 2013, 12:48:17 PM

Joe's a Tiger-bot
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: abc on June 20, 2013, 12:48:17 PM

Yeah, I got my usual 5 hours of sleep. :sleepy:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

now I can't help thinking of that stupid commercial "You tiger now, Roger."
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

abc, I wouldn't argue for a moment about me being some kind of 'special case'.     :laugh:

I think I PM'd you my webmail for a link. I'll PM you again, in case.  I'll make sure that my lovely 2 day/week compadra does the webinar as well.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Adobe makes time stand still.   

:lmao:

... wait, 'or longer' is the time warp loophole.  :rolleyes:  Silly me...

Now this. Time zones an issue, apparently.   :rolleyes:
~~~~~~~~~~
Shankar: Thank you for the serial number .
Shankar: I checked all my resources to assist you at my best however it seems to be a Technical issue.
Shankar: Since our technical team is not available now ,  I request  you to please contact us back via chat after 4-5 hours , so that we can transfer you chat to our technical team to help you in this .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Makes it 1630 my time; go home time :rolleyes: x 2  Abode has a product that is sold worldwide. They have a Live Chat facility for sorting out issues. But don't have some sort of 24/7 access for tech stuff.   :huh: Anyone in north America experience this?

Forgot.   ------>   :sleepy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

You should ask them for the home telephone number of the people you need to talk to. :laugh:

Skryber

Quote from: t-pat on June 20, 2013, 01:47:16 PMnow I can't help thinking of that stupid commercial "You tiger now, Roger."

:laugh: Sowwy Wahja. You tiga now!

I say that weekly.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigiCorn

I hadn't seen that ad. I had to google it. They don't play it in my area. Sure West (formerly Roseville Telephone) has a strangle hold in Sacramento/Roseville; they try to keep everyone else out.

Comcast Tiger Commercial
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

Here's my email to guy who looks after 'IT issues' at head office. Names have been redacted to protect the guilty. Joe, I've made a favourite word of yours into a verb. Hope you don't mind.    :shocked:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

... need to be able to download and install Acrobat Pro XI on our 2 Macs.

State of play so far:

-spent an hour on Wed with Live Chat, only to be given inadequate advice. Was told to wait until after 1630 hrs to be able to talk to Tech Help.

-when I did get bounced to Tech Help at 1630, was told I needed to call to sort it out.

Was away yesterday, but am now picking up the threads. The '800' number that list on their site to call must not be applicable to Australia.
My next move was to go back onto Live Chat and try and see what number I need to call in order to reset Login.
Before I do that, would you take a minute to try and Login from your computer, using, I assume, the details as per screenshot attached, which shows an error each time I try it.
I don't really have a lot of time to clusterfuck around with these cursed people, and I need Acrobat Pro XI so I can start Beta Testing on PitStop 12, which I need to plug in to XI

Thanks mate. If you're unsuccessful, am happy to try and obtain a number which actually applies to Australia. Or, I may be barking up the wrong tree...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe

Feel free to use that all you want. I didn't copyright it and won't sue like Apple would. :laugh:

frailer

:smiley:

It's Friday. I'm trying to care.    :shrug:

frailer

Indy Users Group has been  :sleepy:  for some time now. I get an email today. See below, but I think I'll pass on them now.  :shrug:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Creative Cloud is more than a platform through which you access your applications. During our upcoming InDesign User Group meeting on July 18th, we'll take a look at how the Creative Cloud brings a new creative process for creative professionals, from creation to sharing your portfolio on Behance.

You'll also be seeing the brand new InDesign CC in action. Now faster than ever and 64-bit compatible with the slick new dark user interface. If time allows we'll take a look at some major cool new features in Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, Muse, and Edge Animate as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.... and do they have Behancé music to go with that?