News:

Main Menu

SCREEN 8600S

Started by kirami, May 02, 2016, 08:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtim301

OK. Thanks to Tracy and born2print We've got the tail clamps loaded properly! But...now we got a new error.  :facepalm:  :strangle:

E4128 Mechanical Error - No balancer has been detected by the balancer search sensor.

E5168 Mechanical Error - The drum is rotated to "balance pin before inserted" but status of Servo controller (SVC) is not changed to "Ready".

Anyone wanna take a crack at interpretation? (Tech is schedule for tomorrow...so...no big deal ...just brownie points if we get farther than this..)

Quote from: born2printgreat info they shared!...etc etc
Quote from: Tracy on July 13, 2021, 01:46:59 PM
that sounds like what you would do for the trendsetter also

I'm sure you saw these already but just in case

born2print

Reboot the entire system and hardware?
Some devices like that work themselves into a tizzy and need a fresh start after solving an issue or two.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

slimtim301

Quote from: born2print on July 13, 2021, 02:25:01 PM
Some devices like that work themselves into a tizzy and need a fresh start after solving an issue or two.

Well after a few reboots / tries at loading a plate, still getting those weird errors. The tech is supposed to be here today. I'll let everyone know conclusion to the story after he's done. (Paul Harvey)
Thank you for everyone's help!  It shall be interesting what the true fix is.

-Tim

Tracy

slimtim301

Well, tech was here for a few hours. Cleaned out some of the machine and current diagnosis is the board that drives the servo / drum brake is currently bad. Part is ordered and hopefully will be in tomorrow! Stay tuned...

-TimJ

Quote from: born2print on July 13, 2021, 02:25:01 PM

slimtim301

Well parts didn't arrive in time for last week..so we've got parts in hand and hopefully will have a fix today!
Stay tuned...(Harvey)

slimtim301

We are now in the "lightning zone". We've changed 2 or 3 boards so far? (Who cares after 1 eh?) The tech mumbled "this sure seems like a lightning strike". (Why didn't my poor Ricoh machines not get obliterated? You wink at them and they "fry")... More parts yet to arrive.

Tomorrow the story continues.

:blowup:  :zap:

Tracy

slimtim301

OK. After swapping 2 or 3 boards. They found one that had a burnt chip! PIO board I think he called it?

We've burned multiple plates since then and so far so good! H00rah!  :aljolson:

Thank you again for all who provided input as we worked through the issues! :D

-TimJ

Tracy

Yay! back in bidness

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: slimtim301 on July 21, 2021, 07:43:55 AM
OK. After swapping 2 or 3 boards. They found one that had a burnt chip! PIO board I think he called it?

We've burned multiple plates since then and so far so good! H00rah!  :aljolson:

Thank you again for all who provided input as we worked through the issues! :D

-TimJ

Hey! Where did yo get the dancing dude? Funniest one I've seen since the dancing banana :banana:

Joe

:aljolson: :aljolson: :aljolson: :aljolson:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Wow, i had no idea those were there!  :zounds:

pspdfppdfxhd

:cold3: I did that once myself. My mom almost ripped my tongue off!