What Software do you use for Wide Format Software

Started by Diddler, June 14, 2018, 01:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diddler

What Software do you use for Wide Format Software?
Looking at either upgrading our old ONYX RIP software to the new version 18 or swapping to Caldera Grand RIP+.

Does anyone have any real life experience with either? Or can you recommend another that I should be looking at.
Really looking to increase our speed because as you know clients can't wait.

Cheers in advance!
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

amywatson

Hi
Are you looking for banner design tool? there are lots of online service providers for banner design tool, but one which i should recommend is Design'N'Buy banner design software. Below you can find the best features offered by them

Standard and Customized Banners
Mobile Quick Edit
Any Shape & Size
Unlimited Typefaces & Clipart
Live Quotes
Color Management

Apart from that, some other features are also there like
Storefront Features
Design Studio
Back-office Administration

Before getting anything, must compare others providers features and pick the best-suited one for your business.
Design'N'Buy - Enabling Print Business on the Web

Skryber

We are using Onyx Thrive 12 now and I have Onyx rips since Production House 7. I love Thrive, they have come a long way since fixing bugs and transparency problems. I have zero experience with Caldera but the guys I know who are forced to use both like them both.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Skryber

Hey Hey! I miss you guys like crazy. Just stupid busy at work. It's too bad I have no time to come on here. I've got stories galore. I'll try to check in more. We need a CSR badly. Too much of my time is wasted talking to people instead of production. And then I don't remember who they are 2 weeks later when they come back to submit an order because I have the attention span of a flea. Sweet sweet awkwardness.
A lot of changes here. Thankfully I have help now and I LOVE her. Fresh out of college so I can mold her properly.

What going on around here?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Tracy

A lot of the same :laugh:
Sounds like your doing well! Sorry you had to talk to people :laugh:

Possum

The people you talk to don't notice. You may not have the attention span of a flea (which I doubt), but they don't have the span (or sense) of a thumbtack. Remember who you're dealing with.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

I hated Onyx when I had it, but we didn't have Thrive.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

Fiery XF for color control, but we don't use the Fiery rip, we run it through our Navigator CTP rip to rasterize at 1200 dpi then dump it into the XF workflow. (less transparency problems).

pspdfppdfxhd

But that's for proofing, can't imagine how big the file would be for a large poster or banner. Could end up being in the PETABYTE range.