Work slowing down. A *lot*

Started by David 1122, May 02, 2019, 02:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

So if a printshop is not FSC-certified and never agreed to anything, how can the FSC fine them if they somehow figure out that the printshop used the logo? I would think they would need to sue, but otherwise if no agreement is in place they have no jurisdiction.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

scottrsimons

:oops: Guess I should have kept my mouth shut.  :rotf:

G7, that would be on the customer finding out that they are paying for a service that was advertised they are not getting. And basically the same with FSC. But the fines, I don't know about the fining process. I'm sure there are some lawyers around that could. I'm just a lowly prepress operator, that the boss found out I have way more talents than just that. Lucky me.  :banana:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

nozama

I had to play this silly SFI /FSC documentation game also. My idea was to create a similar knock off logo to print and not pay the ransom fee!

Kudo's to the people who invented this scam.

Serious about recycling? Show me a solution to reuse or recycle the tons of pallets & wood the paper companies dump on us!

Possum

I knew a guy who built a shed out of pallets. They must have been different than the ones we get, without the spaces between the slats, or I doubt that would be much of a shed.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

I built a walkway in front of my shed with pallets about 3 years ago. Now they are rotten and are dangerous to walk on. Now it is a new job to get rid of the old crap and do it over right. (with treated lumber)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

scottrsimons

Quote from: Joe on May 16, 2019, 07:41:10 AM
Is it worse than claiming you are G7 certified when you have never come close to actually attempting to get certified? Asking for a friend. :tapedshut:

Should have used plastic pallets.  :popcorn:

born2print

Well since you have a total redo, maybe you could extend the life using pier footings.
Less digging / expense / work than pouring real footings and will get job done.
Even treated lumber + ground = rot :shrug:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Quote from: born2print on May 16, 2019, 12:28:06 PM
Well since you have a total redo, maybe you could extend the life using pier footings.
Less digging / expense / work than pouring real footings and will get job done.
Even treated lumber + ground = rot :shrug:

Yeah I know about the rot but I only have about 4" from the ground to the bottom of the door so it can't be any higher than about 3" - 3.5" tall max. But the treated lumber will last longer than the non-treated wood from the pallets. Plus I'm no spring chicken so it might last "long enough" for me.

:grimreaper:

Joe

I guess I could use those pier footings if I put them down in the ground so a treated 2x4 ripped in half is just off the ground by about .5". The 2x4 ripped in half would only be 1.75" tall and then lay flat treated 2x4 over the top of that would end up being only 3.75" high. Might work like that. Thanks for the idea born!

born2print

Yep, that's the idea, burry them a bit - gives you the right height and adds a bit of stability too.
You're very welcome Joe  :cool:

Joe

Or I could just dig out the walkway about 6" and do it right. Seems like a lot of work though! ;D

born2print

naw, just use the piers, it will outlast us if you stain the treated lumber.

Joe

scottrsimons

Quote from: Joe on May 16, 2019, 01:41:02 PM
Or I could just dig out the walkway about 6" and do it right. Seems like a lot of work though! ;D

We work in Prepress, you should be used to it by now.

Joe

I've never looked at prepress as work. Torture yes. Work no.