News:

Main Menu

Ban Comic Sans

Started by gnubler, October 11, 2009, 10:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Tooling around and came across some gems online regarding "ban comic sans". Just watched this video featuring Hitler freaking out over the use of Comic Sans in a propaganda campaign. I generally don't find humor in any spoof involving Hitler or WW2, but holy shit is this funny. He breaks down, confessing that he was kicked out of art school in Vienna for doing his portfolio in Comic Sans and everyone laughed at it. Near the end one of the secretaries out in the hall starts crying and is comforted by another saying "it's ok, we'll use Papyrus tomorrow".  :laugh: In German with English subtitles.

Hitler freaks out over Comic Sans MS

There's a bunch more videos on Google about the scourge of Comic Sans - let us know if you find a particularly funny one.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=comic+sans&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ratintrap

A restaurant in a local bowling alley just sent us a new logo last week. I'll bet you can't guess what font it was in. :puke:

It was horizontally scaled too, making it almost unreadable. :puke: :puke:

ratintrap

We also received an ad from a bar and grill in town that is under new ownership. Our salesperson told me that they want to attract bikers. The font they used was really dignified looking and it had a couple of decorative swirls, like this . . .

:huh:

David

bikers just lurve swirls...

:laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town