News:

Main Menu

Class reunion font

Started by jimking, April 14, 2011, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

Can someone give me some font ideas for a 50th year class reunion flyer? This would be a conservative bunch. What comes to my mind are letterman jackets and the font used for example. Any ideas out there?

gnubler

Comic Sans. Fun, friendly, always the "life of the party" and will give it that "handwritten" look.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

The client handed me a hard copy of what they're looking for and it was worse than comic sans. Varsity is the font used in letterman jackets I'm going to start off with.

jimking

You beat me to it Joe with Varsity. Checking out the other one, thanks.

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

David

that don't look like no font?
it's a nanner!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

It is indeed. Jim likes bananas.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Peanut butter jelly time, peanutbutter jelly :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Peanutbutter jelly and a baseball bat :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

I'll take the baseball bat. I'm meeting with a client at 3 o'clock.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Is this the same guy you put hot sauce on his boner?
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca