Main Menu

27" iMac

Started by Joe, August 14, 2012, 10:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

I'd be lost without 2 monitors. Have basically the same setup here as I have at home. One 22 and one 19.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on October 28, 2014, 01:32:21 PMI'd be lost without 2 monitors. Have basically the same setup here as I have at home. One 22 and one 19.

I got it sweet at on both fronts. Makes work a little, and I do mean a LITTLE, less frustrating.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

I'd love to find an excuse to upgrade but I honestly can't. I don't use the home setup enough and doing it at work would just make me upgrade at home.  >:(

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on October 28, 2014, 01:57:08 PMI'd love to find an excuse to upgrade but I honestly can't. I don't use the home setup enough and doing it at work would just make me upgrade at home.  >:(

I had to get a new Mac at home... I wanted to start drawing digitally at home without pencil drawing, scanning and finishing on the Mac. I have a pretty sweet set-up. I just wish I had more time.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Again, I want to but I have too much crap that I don't use enough. I have 2 Wacom tablets, a Bamboo at home and a intuos 3 at work. Two still very decent spec PC's and a somewhat decent server PC at home. The Mac pro at work is chugging along just fine on SL and 11g of ram.

I spend more time playing with my damn phone than anything so I can't even rationalize a new tablet.

Though I may order a FireTV for shits and giggles tonight.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on October 28, 2014, 02:18:24 PMAgain, I want to but I have too much crap that I don't use enough. I have 2 Wacom tablets, a Bamboo at home and a intuos 3 at work. Two still very decent spec PC's and a somewhat decent server PC at home. The Mac pro at work is chugging along just fine on SL and 11g of ram.

I spend more time playing with my damn phone than anything so I can't even rationalize a new tablet.

I got a Wacom Centiq... it IS the shit. Makes the other Wacoms and the sort obsolete.

I know what you mean, though. Not nearly enough time. When I get home, I'm beat to hell. I barely want to watch TV, I'm so exhausted. Getting old SUCKS.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 28, 2014, 02:32:46 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on October 28, 2014, 02:18:24 PMAgain, I want to but I have too much crap that I don't use enough. I have 2 Wacom tablets, a Bamboo at home and a intuos 3 at work. Two still very decent spec PC's and a somewhat decent server PC at home. The Mac pro at work is chugging along just fine on SL and 11g of ram.

I got a Wacom Centiq... it IS the shit. Makes the other Wacoms and the sort obsolete.

I know what you mean, though. Not nearly enough time. When I get home, I'm beat to hell. I barely want to watch TV, I'm so exhausted. Getting old SUCKS.

Don't get down about it. Just remember the end is getting closer.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on October 28, 2014, 02:42:23 PM

True, but it would be better to not have to feel it all the way down.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 28, 2014, 02:47:26 PM

Poor guy...have some piecake.

Is it a cake or a pie? It's both, and it's 1,800 calories a slice

pumpkin and apple pies baked in chocolate and vanilla cake, fused together and surrounded by buttercream icing.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on October 28, 2014, 02:58:35 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 28, 2014, 02:47:26 PM

Poor guy...have some piecake.

Is it a cake or a pie? It's both, and it's 1,800 calories a slice

pumpkin and apple pies baked in chocolate and vanilla cake, fused together and surrounded by buttercream icing.

It's like the Turducken of the bakery world! I want this.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

holy crap...   mouth brain overload...

mmmmmm   cake pie
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Quote from: Joe on October 28, 2014, 10:14:38 AM
Quote from: Possum on October 28, 2014, 10:01:58 AMI've got a 2011 at work, at least I think it's a 2011, 27". It's got the DVD drive. It didn't have the no-good hard drive that had to be replaced.

Sorry to hear about yours; mine has given me no problems.

Consider yourself lucky. The 2011 model has been plagued with video issues for a lot of users. The tech told me yesterday they were related to heat and Apple finally admitted to it (though not publicly and the only way they will fix it is if you have AppleCare). The board he replaced yesterday is supposed to make the fans run better to keep it cooler. And it does. I could have roasted marshmallows over the top of it before. It is much cooler up there now.
haha... I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. Joe quietly extracting inside info... the man from kentucky would not have been aware it was happening.
Does he like Bluegrass?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on October 28, 2014, 04:08:14 PM
Quote from: Joe on October 28, 2014, 10:14:38 AM
Quote from: Possum on October 28, 2014, 10:01:58 AMI've got a 2011 at work, at least I think it's a 2011, 27". It's got the DVD drive. It didn't have the no-good hard drive that had to be replaced.

Sorry to hear about yours; mine has given me no problems.

Consider yourself lucky. The 2011 model has been plagued with video issues for a lot of users. The tech told me yesterday they were related to heat and Apple finally admitted to it (though not publicly and the only way they will fix it is if you have AppleCare). The board he replaced yesterday is supposed to make the fans run better to keep it cooler. And it does. I could have roasted marshmallows over the top of it before. It is much cooler up there now.
haha... I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. Joe quietly extracting inside info... the man from kentucky would not have been aware it was happening.
Does he like Bluegrass?

Probably. He looked like an extra from Deliverance. ;D