News:

Main Menu

wtf

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 11, 2024, 03:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

PitStop Pro compatibility problems on macOS after upgrading to Adobe Acrobat (v2023.008.20423 or v2023.008.20458)
11-Jan-2024

After the recent upgrade of Adobe Acrobat (v2023.008.20423 and v2023.008.20458) on the macOS, PitStop Pro no longer functions as expected, and the document can appear "white" after editing the document using a Preflight Profile, Action List, or making a Global Change or when using the Edit text line and Edit paragraph tools.

Background
The latest release of Adobe Acrobat (v2023.008.20423 or v2023.008.20458) on a macOS appears to have changed the behavior of the PitStop Pro when using the Navigator window.
When running a Preflight Profile, Action List, or Global Change in PitStop Pro, if the setting to "Show results > Always" is set and the Navigator window opens, the page will appear white where the document is supposed to be while scrolling, zooming, etc. seem broken until you close and open the document again.

Solution
We are aware of the issue and are working toward a resolution.
If you are experiencing the issue with the Navigator window, you can set "Show results > Never" as a workaround when running a Preflight Profile, Action List, or making a Global Change.
If you require the displayed results in the Navigator window, currently, downgrading Acrobat is the only solution for versions of Acrobat that are already upgraded.
Unfortunately, there is no workaround if you are experiencing the issue when editing text. You can restore a previous Acrobat version if you have a backup. Or you can contact Adobe to get some guidance on how to downgrade Acrobat.
If you have a Time Machine backup or another backup of your system, you can roll back Acrobat to a version from before the automatic update of Acrobat. The process is explained on the Apple website here: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/restore-files-mh11422/mac
If you do not have a backup, please get in touch with Adobe for information on downgrading Acrobat Pro. After downgrading Acrobat, you must rerun the PitStop Pro installer.
After successfully downgrading Acrobat, disable the automatic updates of Acrobat in the Acrobat preferences > Updater > Automatically install updates." (NOTE: Any Acrobat installer reenables the "Updater" preference and should be disabled to prevent it from silently updating again.)

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

I'm not sure what they mean by "unexpected", I knew something would break as soon as they updated something...
It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".

Tracy

Just a heads up, you cannot install/uninstall pitstop January 18-21
they are doing some maintenance, they said they should be done by January 22
I would be safe and not expect it on the 22nd.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, I got the memo on that as well.

I actually had to go to a Time Machine backup from my old Mac and copy the Acrobat application from about 3 updates ago and use it on my new Mac. The last 2 updates were all buggered up. Oh well, up and running now I suppose. Fingers crossed.

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

pspdfppdfxhd

I dunno, Acrobat seems to stand apart from all the other Adobe apps. Why do they even bother to show it in the CC app list that says it's up to date?  >:(

pspdfppdfxhd

When I copied the app I just put it on the desktop and added an - to it. (-Adobe Acrobat) then opened it up from there and made it the default to open pdfs. Seems everything works fine but not too sure it was the right way to do it. Quite Imposing and Pitstop seem to work ok. I was desperate at the time.

Tracy

Hopefully they will fix Acro soon, I have never had to go to Time Machine and retrieve anything
I would not know how to do it, Good job!