Acrobat excessive RAM usage

Started by DPSprint, October 04, 2017, 12:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I don't think Accessibility and Reading are the same thing Tracy. But hey, if it works, it works! :D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Got it off the inter webs so it must be true! :laugh:

mc hristel

Quote from: Tracy on October 12, 2018, 01:53:21 PM1st time, it was after I opened a pdf that one of the salesman created

I think I found your problem!  

Joe

Quote from: mc hristel on October 12, 2018, 03:59:05 PM
Quote from: Tracy on October 12, 2018, 01:53:21 PM1st time, it was after I opened a pdf that one of the salesman created

I think I found your problem!

I think you found everyones problem!

sgrhill

We worked for a couple of weeks without the Acrobat memory problem. But unfortunately the problem is 100% back.  :banghead:
I guess the only solution is to make a new user account.

DPSprint

Quote from: sgrhill on November 01, 2018, 05:04:04 AMWe worked for a couple of weeks without the Acrobat memory problem. But unfortunately the problem is 100% back.  :banghead:
I guess the only solution is to make a new user account.
yeap... and yeap its painful, but ...touch wood... its been about a month now and all good still re the ram usage!

Acrobat still crashes occasionally but its just the usual Acrobat "OMG this is too hard for me i'm gonna quit" type crash

Joe

Mine never crashes! :sarcasm:

<<<<<<<<======== Lying Fool!

sgrhill

Quote from: Joe on November 27, 2017, 02:48:55 PM
Quote from: sgrhill on November 27, 2017, 01:34:02 PM
Is it an idea to uninstall all the Adobe stuff, clean all the remains withe the AdobeCleaningTool and make a Time Machine backup. After that I install a fresh OS from scratch and use the Migrate Assistant to migrate all the apps and settings. When that is finished I install all of the Adobe stuff.

Well it is an idea but there is always the possibility of bringing the problem back if it is being caused by other software that comes back with the migration assistant. When you use the migration assistant to bring back users, apps, and settings it pretty much brings everything back from the old user account like application preferences and the data in Users/~/Library/Application Support. Any of those could be causing the problem. I'm just not convinced it is caused by Adobe software or I think everyone would be having the issue.

If you don't want to re-install everything fresh try creating a new admin account on the Mac and try running Acrobat from the new account. It will create all of the Adobe settings in the new user Library folder fresh. See if you still have the same problem in the new account.
Late update: The new user profile solution works like a charm! No more memory eating behavior since three months.
ThnX a ton Joe!