quark - dcs - pdf - workaround

Started by beermonster, September 12, 2007, 01:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

I haven't had to print a DCS 2.0 file from Quark 7. But, I have from 6, and as long as it is set up as I explained earlier, and you use Device N as your Print Colors in the Output Tab, you can get stable postscript.
Member #285 - Civilian

t-pat

Hi, I'm new here. Been out of prepress for about 18 months and thinking of getting back in.

Anyway, I would always get dcs files to output correctly retaining spot colors by making a .ps file with OPI on and refining to pdf thru Prinergy. HTH.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Farabomb

Quote from: tpatterson on October 30, 2009, 12:51:53 PMHi, I'm new here. Been out of prepress for about 18 months and thinking of getting back in.

Did you leave Prepress because of a head trauma? You must have some sort of amnesia if you're looking to get back into it.  :huh:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Tee hee! I was waiting for a snarky response like that.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

mattbeals

Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

DigitalCrapShoveler

$300.00 plus bucks?!? No thanks, I'll just not be lazy and do it myself. Not that hard.
Member #285 - Civilian

t-pat

Quote from: Farabomb on October 30, 2009, 02:10:20 PM
Quote from: tpatterson on October 30, 2009, 12:51:53 PMHi, I'm new here. Been out of prepress for about 18 months and thinking of getting back in.

Did you leave Prepress because of a head trauma? You must have some sort of amnesia if you're looking to get back into it.  :huh:

Yeah but the head trauma wore off... what can I say? I've been in middle management for nearly 2 years now, but less money, more headaches, less job security, and the fact that I'm not as good at this as I am at unfckucking deziners stuff makes me want to be back punching a clock, behind a mac, and sure of what I'm doing.
vdp donkey

Farabomb

If that gif is of you punting a cone at an auto-x in a VW I know your mindset quite well.  :cool:

+2 for that.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Quote from: Farabomb on November 04, 2009, 03:59:26 PMIf that gif is of you punting a cone at an auto-x in a VW I know your mindset quite well.  :cool:

+2 for that.

it is :) and it was :) Somehow I avoided a DNF on that run.
vdp donkey