News:

Main Menu

Double Gate Fold

Started by Tracy, October 11, 2016, 03:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

What is the standard gap in a double gatefold?
We don't do double gates here, we go outside bindery.

Most places say 3/16 gap 3/32 off each side

Sales is telling me I can do a 1/16 gap for this place that has never done it for us before
I have to fix the custy's art (even panels)  they got text going thru the gate too!
So I don't want to do it twice

Just curious what you guys do.

almaink

I used to ask the bindery what they wanted. Most times it was a 1/16 unless the stock was real thick then it was 3/32's on each panel, but they could always adjust it before they cut the full stack and folded it.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Tracy

was that a 1/16 off each side?

and thanks by the way!

Tracy

I'm going to take a 1/16 off each side, taking 1/32 off each side seems to be asking for trouble
Thanks Alma!!

Farabomb

Quote from: almaink on October 11, 2016, 03:25:40 PMI used to ask the bindery what they wanted. Most times it was a 1/16 unless the stock was real thick then it was 3/32's on each panel, but they could always adjust it before they cut the full stack and folded it.
Your bindery might have done that. Most of the time here he'll cut the whole stack then check to see if it's right. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time I was blamed for designing something "wrong" but when I cut one down it's perfect. More than once he's said to me "oh, I'm supposed to cut on the crop marks?" It's been a while so maybe the measure twice, cut once lecture he's gotten many a time is sinking in.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job