News:

Main Menu

Any ideas?

Started by determined, February 23, 2010, 11:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

determined

When we finally updated Rampage to 11.2, a strange thing happened. Now when we gang proof our ripped files, the page identifier it used to put on the bottom of the pages shows up as a bunch of boxes (obviously a font issue). The strange thing is that is doesn't always do this, sometimes it prints fine. I have spent the last 2 days trying to track down where it gets the fonts that it uses for this and have been unsuccessful. Rampage was called a couple months ago about this and they are "working on it" (yeah, right). Anybody know anything about this?
Murphy must have been in printing....

DigiCorn

It's been forever and a day since I did this (or had to do this), but if you refer to your Rampage manual it will tell you how you can cache fonts. You can do it globally or specific for a job. I am on v10, but I'm sure it's still available to do in v11.

Is the page identifier the one put on by Rampage, one placed on a template from Preps, or is it one you're adding from the native application (or other)?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

determined

I've been in the manual for the last few hours....the page identifier (my term) is the lines of copy the gang proof rip puts on the bottom of pages so you know which is which (sorry if that's confusing)....but it doesn't exist on the page until it goes through the gang queue (I've been in the profile for the gang rip and the "font location" edit is grayed out but the job font cache is set to go to the default font cache on RSI. I'm confused.  :huh:

DigiCorn

Oh. I think my recommendation is only for native art or impo'd files; I don't think the rsi cache has anything to do with the Rampage identifiers. Sorry.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

determined

yeah I'm kinda coming to the same conclusion....but I know there's gotta be a way to make this work (it worked before they "improved" it)  :rolleyes:

DigiCorn

yeah... "the Super" with Joe Pesci. 'It worked before you broke it!'

You could make an account and bounce it off the guys here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/rampage_workflow/

They're pretty sharp.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

determined

Hey thanks! I'll give it a shot

Stiv

Quote from: determined on February 23, 2010, 12:34:20 PMHey thanks! I'll give it a shot
Call Rampage and ask for Jeremy. He has always been very helpful with my questions. I think they monitor the forum posted above also, unofficially though.