News:

Main Menu

Rampage Normalize and Fonts

Started by Stiv, June 29, 2011, 12:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

I don't have 2 seconds to call Rampage so I'll try here first.

PDF with fonts not embedded using Times New Roman. Rampage is swapping out Times for other fonts. Prescan indicates Times but no way Jose.

Clues?

DigiCorn

Remapped incorrectly in font cache?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Stiv

Seems to be doing some Adobe MM switch-a-roo, instead of using Times New Roman.

DigiCorn

what happens when you outline in PitStop?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Stiv

If I eps the PDF it RIPs fine. It has to be Acrobat from within Rampage.

I can't figure out how to get at it yet. I guess I'll have to call.

Skryber

This is why I used EPS for everything. Things would go AWOL constantly on PDFs for me. Rampage is going to tell you to upgrade and send you a new build, I'm sure.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigiCorn

I've had that issue. Rip the pdf on the eps profile instead of the pdf profile. It's what I resorted to doing. Traps better for me too. I never use the pdf profile on Rampage anymore - it's a joke
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Stiv

Sort of a "it hurts when I do this, so don't do that"? lol

almaink

Why not embed the fonts first in Acrobat? I never let any PDF get to Rampage without the fonts being embedded and I've never had any issues.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Stiv

Yeah, client PDFs. My PDFs would have the fonts embedded.

Stiv

Here's the deal if you are interested.

The Rampage 10.6 upgrade changed Acrobat to v8. Acrobat v8 does not reference  the Adobe Font Library when saving as EPS. Apparently, I have had this trouble for quite a while and didn't know it.  :drunk3: